Need A Coat

Guest kajhensley

Guest kajhensley

Hello everyone, while I am still waiting for Dixie to arrive on Dec. 3rd, I am thinking I should go ahead and get a coat. I can't measure her so I need some guidance. SHe is 58 pounds. I have seen some that say standard size and then some that have numbers for measurements. ANy suggestions from the wise?

Guest ChrissyB

My Go Girl is 63 lbs. and wears a Medium Size dog coat. (Made by greyhound people.) The ones you get in a pet store don't always fit nice. They don't take into consideration the DEEP chest of the gh.

Guest kajhensley
My Go Girl is 63 lbs. and wears a Medium Size dog coat. (Made by greyhound people.) The ones you get in a pet store don't always fit nice. They don't take into consideration the DEEP chest of the gh.

I've been looking on line at greyhound sites.

Does your adoption group sell coats? Maddie is 68 pounds and is big for a girl. (she is taller then most)

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest lvmydogz
Hello everyone, while I am still waiting for Dixie to arrive on Dec. 3rd, I am thinking I should go ahead and get a coat. I can't measure her so I need some guidance. SHe is 58 pounds. I have seen some that say standard size and then some that have numbers for measurements. ANy suggestions from the wise?

Can you ask the adoption group/foster home to take measurements for you? There are a lot of great coat makers here on GT, I just ordered my first two coats for my Greys from Andrea at needlenoseapparel.com.

HTH,

Michelle in N.Fl.

Guest kajhensley

I've been looking on line at greyhound sites.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

December 3 is my birthday. It's a great kind of present for me to see a pup get a forever home on my birthday... :rolleyes::colgate Sorry--I'm a bit goofy and sentimental like that! :blush

And I agree with what others have suggested--that you contact the group and see if you can get the measurements from them. I did the same thing. I talked to my girl's foster mom and she gave me measurements and I went shopping galore. Which is odd that I was rushing so much to get her coats and jammies--we adopted her in May... :blink::lol To my defence, it can be chilly in Wisconsin in May.

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

Guest kajhensley

December 3 is my birthday. It's a great kind of present for me to see a pup get a forever home on my birthday... :rolleyes::colgate Sorry--I'm a bit goofy and sentimental like that! :blush

And I agree with what others have suggested--that you contact the group and see if you can get the measurements from them. I did the same thing. I talked to my girl's foster mom and she gave me measurements and I went shopping galore. Which is odd that I was rushing so much to get her coats and jammies--we adopted her in May... :blink::lol To my defence, it can be chilly in Wisconsin in May.

It's my mom's birthday too. I don't think she is as excited to have a new "grandchild" as I am. ha. The guy that is bringing her to me is bringing some coats, since we are getting her in December, we will need one to walk off that Christmas dinner.

If you'd like something beautiful & unique, please take a look at A Grace Of Hounds I make quilted coats, wallhangings and Greyt Holiday Stockings. I also recommend Voyager for raincoats.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!