Sadly, I Did Not Get Approved To Adopt From Brga. They Have

Guest Ayla

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

Please don't give up....please try another group....if you really want a greyhound....I am so sorry you were rejected....I myself, don't understand....but it might be the work thing and that you weren't home a lot? That in itself should not matter....

Please keep us updated and don't mind the folks on here worried about their group and themselves....not everyone is like that on here....best wishes to you.....

Guest TBSFlame

I would contact another group. Many groups adopt to people in appartments and people that work. There is a greyhound out there that would fit your lifestyle. I am at home most of the time and Beecher still only goes out after breakfast and again after dinner.....his choice. I was turned down once because I had a pot-bellied pig. lol. I am still laughing about that one. lol. I did not give up and I am so glad I didn't. My 5 hounds are the love of my life.

Guest hamiesmom

Please keep trying and try another group. This group sounds totally ridiculous. I live in Ottawa, Canada and I live in a terrace home, which means I have NO yard. My boy is leashed pottied and I usually have to wake him up when I get home and when I get up in the morning. He is alone for about 8-10 hours a day and does just fine. My sister has two and they are alone between 8-10 hours a day and do just fine. I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a rough time trying to get a grey, do not give up, it will happen.

Guest ohgreyt

I'm so sorry you have to go through that feeling of rejection and all the other myriad of feelings associated with this type of thing. I myself just went through this last summer. I'm still heartbroken about not getting this catahoula dog I wanted so badly. Worse off they told me and my 10 year old daughter we could adopt THEN sent me an EMAIL a week later saying they changed their minds (Long complicated story). I know that I'm not the only one working 8+ hours a day out there that owns a dog and I know I'm not a bad person, but I sure felt like it after that. They seriously made me feel so badly about myself. And then a couple months later I got to adopt a GH from another agency. So, see, I guess they are all different. Some too persnickety as you said and some not. So try some of the agencies WINNIE suggested and don't give up! Wishing you the best of luck!

It seems from your previous post that you know the reason why they won't approve you - the fact that the dog would be alone more than 6 hours. There are many folks here that work 9-5 type jobs and have to leave their dogs for more than 8 hours so there must be some groups out there that will accept that. I think it is good that some groups have restrictions. There are those that will adopt to almost anyone and that just isn't in the best interest of the dog. Also, if you don't have a yard, think about how often you may have to take the dog out on a leash and in what kind of weather. Our fenced yard is really small but I don't think I could handle it if I had to walk them everytime they had to potty, but that's just me. Good luck and keep trying. Having a greyhound is a truly wonderful and rewarding experience.

I work a full time job and when I adopted my first GH I lived in a rental house that had no fenced yard. I never minded much the leashed potty breaks at any hr of the night or day. My Kiowa has always seemed extremely happy to be here. In fact, I liked him so much I bought a house with a fenced yard and adopted another as a companion for him. Not everyone starts out as a 'perfect home' but less than perfect homes can certainly be better than waiting in a kennel.

Guest argolola

Please don't give up. We were not approved to adopt an Italian Greyhound, because we both work. That's how we got our regular greyhound, Lola. At the time, we had a tiny home and no fence, but we got her anyway.

Others have given great advice here, so please do try another group. The rewards are wonderful.

God bless you. I will be praying that you get your grey.

Iknow the group you are speaking of and they are a very good group. You may want to take their name off the header of this post as they have quite a few members here, and if it was my group, I would defend it. Again it is a good group whose philosophy is to place greyhounds in good homes.

Sorry I am not giving the :bighug response, just that I am surprised to see a group name up there.

Thanks, I will try to edit. I didn't think about that because I was hurt. They are a nice group.