She's Finally Here!

Guest ellieb

My mom and I drove 5 hours each way, yesterday. It was well worth the long trip...we picked up our new baby girl! She is soooo beautiful and sweet! We were instantly in love with her. She gives kisses and is a little love sponge. She and Max checked each other out and then settled down to nap. She ate with gusto and ignored the 3 cats. Life is good! My DH took one look and fell hard. She will be a wonderful addition to our family.

A big, big thank you to Christine (BaloosMom) and Rose's Rescue for helping us make our family grow. She took wonderful care of our girl. She is not losing a foster...she is gaining some new friends! She will forever be "Aunt Christine".

So...without further delay...I present Indigo (formerly known as Gina - racing name Moto's Reveng)...snoozing on her new bed on her first night.

Another shot...

...and the last one!

Edited by ellieb

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest Baloos_Mom

My allergies are acting up again! :lol Seriously, I could tell what a wonderful match they were but man....lately it has been REALLLLLYYYYYY hard letting my fosters go...one would think after 6 years of doing this it would get easier or at least not WORSE! Thanks so much for loving her so much Ellie. It was wonderful to meet you and your mom! :grouphug

YAY! CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BABY GIRLIE!

YAY! CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BABY GIRLIE!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Indi has fit in to our lives/home, seamlessly. It is like she has always been here. She is a lover! She gives kisses and likes to tuck her head into my side while I rub her. She is eating really well. She finishes her food, then checks to see if Max left any. Oink, oink! She shows no interest in the furniture. "Moose" b.k.a. Max wallers all over the sofas/beds. If she learns by example... :P The only thing she hasn't attempted is the stairs to the lower level. She goes to our vet on Saturday morning. They will remove her stitches and check her out. Once I know her incision is healed, we will work more on the stairs. When they brought Max to us, the rep. carried him down and made him come up. I wanted to be cautious with her recent surgery, but if it is all good...we want her to join us in the family room!

I had to go out for a bit yesterday afternoon to a red/pink hatter wine tasting. When my "sistahs" arrived to carpool, they all came in to meet the new baby. Of course they found her to be beautiful! She greeted everyone and was very friendly. DH said she whimpered when Mommy left. :wub: She was VERY excited when I returned. I had to get on the floor and give loves to her and Max.

I am so thankful she has joined our family! This is the best Thanksgiving, EVER!

Indi...looking Sphinx-like and snuggling up to her brother!

Edited by ellieb

Awesome that she is fitting in so well. UHM new siggy due ?? Pretty girl :wub:

I know...I know. I am siggy challenged. When my 12 yr old gets home from school, I will have her help me! :lol