How Did This Happen

rycezmom

In the middle of what was to be a fairly laid back afternoon, I had the good fortune to check my e-mails. My local adoption group Friends of Greyhounds had just sent out their monthly e-mail newsletter. The do not foster as they have the kennels. They did however want to find a foster home for a very sweet 10 y/o female. To make matters of adoption even harder, she had had a cancerous tumor removed. I am told it is slow growing type. Stitches still in place. A brief family meeting on the phone and a call to Michelle had us on the way to pick up our first planned foster flunk. Having lost my elder statesman Ryce in June I had not gone to get another. It just hadn't felt right. This post in the e-mail did feel right. Within an hour of the phone call my daughter, our girlie hound Isabella and I were at the kennel picking her up. Her tumor is slow growing, it was not attended to by her previous family. I'm waiting for the vet to fax the patho;ogy report to me and we will go from there. She is sweet, Gus and Isabella love her and have offered to share their stuffies with her and she has made herself at home.. May I present Miss Milly (oh how I love the senior girls)

100_0403a.jpg

100_0407a.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest greytdame

:wub::wub::wub:

What a beauty! She is sooo lucky to have a wonderful new home. I'd said she looks rather comfy to me, but I don't know yet....hmmmmm...... more pictures may be in order to really make a decision :blink:

Congratulations! She has a very sweet face. I hope she has several happy years with you.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Chynagirl

:yay:yay:yay

Wow, I just saw that e-mail tonight.

It's wonderful that Miss Millie will now have a place to call home. She is so sweet looking just like Michelle said.

Sending congratulations and best wishes to you both.

Guest ShelbyzMom

Congrats Leslie, Milly is just BEAUTIFUL we need more pics :digicam

Dear Milly,

Just wait until the first of the month, your mommy gets biskies from my mommy EVERY month. You are such a lucky hound

Love and licks,

Shelby :paw

Guest mountain4greys

What a wonderful thing to do. She's beautiful. Greyhound people are exceptionally special, and taking senior dogs goes beyond that. Congratulations, I know she'll get all the love and care she'll ever need. :clap:clap:clap:clap

Guest widowcali

She is a beauty. Say hey to Michelle and Jerry from their AZ connections (Widow and Cali). The girls really miss their greyhound playgroup at the dog park. But they love laying in the AZ sun!