Infected !

Guest artur_ganate

Guest artur_ganate

Hi,

since June we foster a ex-hunting dog from Spain.

She is now five years old, a Galga Espanola (spanish Grey) named Seis

Unlike often heard she is getting along very well with our to cats.

If you want to see pics --> (comments are in german - sorry for that)

My Webalbum

Here is a recent picture of her.

standfastwt9.jpg

And yes - we are infected with love for this beautiful and charming breed.

Hope to get lots of informations in this forum, since the adoption thing (for racing greys) formed over there (in the US).

Dominic

Edited by artur_ganate

Welcome to Greytalk! She is very beautiful!

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest artur_ganate

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Here in Germany are lots of adoption groups caring for the fate of the spanish greyhounds and I am menber of one called (unsurprisingly) "Galgos in Not" (in need). Seis was transported 16h from Spain to Germany by truck, a normal US trip, I guess. :)

In Spain her owner had left her in a so called "Perreira", an animal shelter, in which the dogs are normally killed after three weeks unadopted.

Our (and her) fortune was that a spanish organization picked her up from there and saved her life doing so.

The first picture in my album was done, when "El hogar de Luci" (the spanish org) rescued her out of this hell.

Dominic

is that a sculpture in the picture? did you create that? it is beautiful, as is Seis.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest artur_ganate

Hi there,

sorry for the late answers

is that a sculpture in the picture

No this sculpture was done by the suisse artist Albert Giacometti, a personal favorite of mine

http://www.kunsthaus.ch/cgi-bin/kunsthaus?...P=0&MT=main

Oh and I am very sorry - I understood today, that foster is not the right word. :unsure

I wanted to say that we, when she came from Spain did everything (and this continues) to improve here mental and physical situation.

She is our dog, that is for sure. You use "fostering" if you search a good place for the dog. Sorry, englsh is not mothers tongue to me

Dominic

Edited by artur_ganate

Guest cabrerad

That's a very pretty dog, I am very fond of galgos. I have read about the plight of the Galgo as well as British greyhounds in Spain and am glad that some of them are finding good homes in Europe as well as the US (a few any ways).

David

Guest hamiesmom

Dominic,

Willkommen und guten tag von Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. My what a beauty she is. Ich war in Deutshcland geboren in 1946 und hab bin in Canada since 1950 so my german is very poor. Ich habe ein 8yr old sweet boy and a sweet keine katze.

Marion