And Another Newbie Here

Guest OurStretch

Guest OurStretch

Hello to all. Well, we have just entered the Greyhound world with our new member of our family.

After having had to put down our lab, beagle mix last week at the age of 14 (we adopted him at

10 months), we wanted to adopt again right away. We had thought about a greyhound as we have

heard that they make wonderful pets. I have to say that not only did we choose Stretch, but he

seemed to have chosen us as well. We adopted him on Sunday. We understand that it's a whole

different ballgame with a Grey than what we are used to, but we have a lot of love to share and

we are looking forward to a long happy life together. I'm glad that there is such a community out

there of people with whom we can share our experiences and I'm sure learn a lot from the experiences

of you all. I will post a photo of him when I can figure out how to do that on this forum.

Steve

:welcome

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest nitetap

Sorry about the loss of your pet. Congrats on becoming a greymom. We used to have a golden and what a different experience! Simply put, the retriever had much more energy than us, now we have more energy than our greygirl. Enjoy your new blessing!

Guest OurStretch
Welcome and congrats on your new addition.

Thank you and thanks to everyone for the welcome. I do feel welcome here. I am a proud Grey Dad and

we are proud to be part of the Grey community. Well, I figured out how to add a photo, so here goes. I hope

it works.

Steve

stretch002red.jpg

What a greyt photo. Welcome to the greyhound community. We have had ours for about a year and they have been an absolute joy to our lives.

Welcome and congrats on your new addition.

Thank you and thanks to everyone for the welcome. I do feel welcome here. I am a proud Grey Dad and

we are proud to be part of the Grey community. Well, I figured out how to add a photo, so here goes. I hope

it works.

Steve

stretch002red.jpg

Guest OurStretch
Welcome!!!

Thanks again to all. I forgot to say where we are from. We are in Worcester, Mass. Does

anyone know of any local groups, events in the central Mass. area? It would be great to

get to meet fellow Grey families and participate in events.

Stretch's family.