Starting The Journey

Guest Peritas

Guest Peritas

I just wanted to stop and say hello to everyone. I just signed up today, but I have been absorbing all of the wonderful information here on GT while I have been performing research on these beautiful and majestic animals. I have loved greys for many years even though I have not had the chance to own one. I am hoping to get the adoption process started very soon so that I can give one of them a forever home. In the past I have worked with other large breeds such as Labs, Rots, and Retrievers and about 2 months ago my 15y/o retriever went to the rainbow bridge. I would have gotten my papers worked up last week, but I wanted to wait and talk with my Vet before I went futher. Since I live in a small town, there are not a lot of choices for regular care unless I drive an hour or more. The good news is that my vet has had a lot of expierence with greys and knows all about their special medical needs. That alone made me want to get my paperwork finished up. I also have been reading over the discussions of pet insurance and I discussed this with my vet as well. I have decided that I will be getting some type of insurance to cover the really bad stuff that could happen and I will hope and pray that it doesn't.

Again I just want to thank the entire GT community for being so open and helpful with information.

Wish me luck and I will make sure to post plenty of photos and stories as they happen.

:wubsite

Guest eastcancoast

Hello there and welcome, I hope you enjoy the wonderful ride you are about to begin - I have been enjoying it ever since I brought my first home on November 11/03.

:welcome2:wave

Welcome! It sounds as if you're doing all your prep really well :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest ChrissyB

Hi!! Glad you're here. Being owned by a retired racer is like nothing you'll ever experience. It's all in their eyes. The right one for you is waiting, in a kennel somewhere, wondering what is taking you so long.

Best of luck............