My Rattie Bridgekids

ShanakilMagic

Smudge was the sweetest rat. She and her sister Fudge were very shoulder friendly and we (DS with Fudge, Smudge and I) were often seen walking round together. Smudge was with me when I met my first greyhound. We went to the Pet Roadshow and were asked to appear on telly. :rolleyes: She lived to be 1 1/2

Edele (Brown) Keavy (Black)

These cheeky twins were also very shoulder friendly. :)

They loved to pick on the by them geriatric Fudge by running into her cage like naughty school kids.

Keavy lived to be 11/2 Edele lived to be 1 1/4 (I think)

Sadly Tom died young. He escaped from his cage and was walking down the stairs when Maggie spotted him and grabbed him. Luckily DS and I were there to rescue him. I will never forget DS scream. :weep He was put down a few days later when his legs went and he started passing blood.

He was still only a baby.

Edited by ShanakilMagic

Clare and Dylan.

Awwe! That's so sad! We have a rat now name Kaia...she's cute! She looks like Edele. She's shoulder friendly...but only if she can hide under my hair or a shirt collar. My first rat was Lucy, she was a brown hooded. She was the best pet, we was shoulder friendly and when she got tired of being on my shoulder she would crawl down my shirt! She lived to be 2 1/2 - 3...I don't remember it was almost 10 years ago! Toward the end she developed tumors on her legs and could hardly walk. I felt so sorry for her. When she passed I was really happy, she could finally scamper all she wanted! Nice to know there's other rat folks around here! :)

signature.jpg

Argo and bridge babies Artemis, Icarus and Iris.

Your rats were all really cute :) You know they'll be waiting at the Bridge for you :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest DustysMomma
Ah! Fellow rattie lovers! I'm so sorry for your loss. They just don't live long enough do they? I have *counts on fingers and toes* 17 ratties currently and a litter of 12 with 2 more litters due towards the end of the month. They are such awesome and amazing pets.

what sweet pictures, I can tell they were precious to you. I have a piggie and a bunny, so I know that it can be hard loving creatures with shorter life spans.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.