Tyler 2/3/01 - 11/6/06

dmswartzfager

Good bye to our tall dark and handsome, strong silent boy.

Tyler's gotcha day was three years and one month ago. He was our second grey. We adopted him so that Wren, the grey we adopted two months earlier, would have a playmate. And such buddies they turned out to be. I wonder if Tyler knew what he was getting into with us. He got to see 28 states and both oceans while tent and pop up camping across the US. I'm sure he saw even more since he raced at Geneva Lakes before moving to JCKC.

We'll miss our big leaner with the striking eyes. The couch will be so empty.

Tyler, tell Marcus we're thinking of him.

To everyone else, thank you all for all your thoughts, words, and prayers - they have meant a lot to us as we rode our roller coaster the past four weeks. Thank you, Fountainpengwen, for loving on Tyler at OSU. He was really hating the vet and going on car rides by himself there at the end.

My husband added to our website: Tyler's story

Lake Tahoe, with Wren (on top):

tahoe_kiva_wren_tyler_snuggle.jpg

Wren (left) and Tyler:

faceoff.jpg

St. Louis, Gateway Arch:

tyler_arch.jpg

Mmmmm...snow!:

tyler_eats_snow.jpg

tyler_ponders.jpg

A more usual position for Tyler - he was pretty attached to his couch:

tyler_stretches_out.jpg

Camping in Massachusetts:

day1-7.jpg

On a schooner in Maine:

day9-15.jpg

Somewhere between here and California in the pop up camper this summer, with Wren (left) and Carrie (middle):

do_cascade_o_doggies.jpg

Our bridge boys Tyler and Marcus :wub: :

theboys2.jpg

Edited by dmswartzfager

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry you lost your handsome boy, especially when he was so young. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Deanna and Brian, my heart aches for you.

Tyler, I don't know why you had to leave so soon, so young. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PNWtrillium

What a lucky boy he was to live with and be cared for by you. He got to try so many new things, and he was obviously surrounded by love, both canine and human.

I'm sure this last week or so has been so very difficult. It's clear he will be sorely missed. I send a warm blanket of comfort for you and your family.

Thank you so much for sharing your sweet boy with us. Our heart hurts with yours.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest K9_Lady
:( Was hoping thru these past weeks things would turn out differently for Tyler...he knew he was Loved and you did all that you possibly could. What a GREYT time he had on his summer vacation. Thanks for sharing the pictures! He will always be in your Hearts and at your side. :heart:paw

Run with the wind sweetheart. You are so loved and missed. Godspeed Handsome Angel. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

This is so sad. Your Tyler was a very beautiful boy and had many magical moments with your family. Thank you for sharing.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Tenderhearts

Deanna and Brian, I am so sorry your time with Tyler was cut so short, but what wonderful adventures he had with you! I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers, and I know wonderful Marcus was there to greet Tyler. May God hold your aching hearts in his hands :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

My heart goes out to you and your DH. :brokenheart I'm sorry you didn't have years more with your precious Tyler. He was just too young. :cry1 Godspeed, handsome boy...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.