She Ate Fish Food.....

Guest Brandy_b

Guest Brandy_b

So I get home today and Caliloka has eaten a whole thing of fish flakes, I didnt think it would really bother her but I'm just wondering everyone elses thoughts on this. Should I do anything ot just leave her be.......she has been playing and everything so I'm guessing nothing bad has really happened.

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

Guest UGAKarlandBrook

The boys Looooooooooooooooove fish food - they would find it wherever I hid it and scarfed it down. More problems for my carpet than for the dogs!

QUOTE(Brandy_b @ Nov 4 2006, 03:44 PM) 2410746[/snapback]
So I get home today and Caliloka has eaten a whole thing of fish flakes, I didnt think it would really bother her but I'm just wondering everyone elses thoughts on this. Should I do anything ot just leave her be.......she has been playing and everything so I'm guessing nothing bad has really happened.

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

While a friend was dog sitting for me a few years ago, one of my dogs ate a large quantity of fish flakes. She didn't suffer any ill effects, but my friend paid dearly for not heeding my warning that she was a counter surfer supreme. He said her gas nearly ran him out of the house for the next 24 hours!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

All mine have looooved fish food! We use the sticks, not flake, but I imagine the ingredients are much the same. Sometimes I'll give them a few sticks while I'm feeding the fish, as a treat!

I did warn a man I was doing a home-check for one time. He had a really open-plan kitchen, with no doors on the larder, and I talked to him about the need to get some or his new dog would scarf down all the edibles in double-quick time and probably suffer for it, and he understood and promised there would be doors. Then I noticed an industrial sized bag of fish food sitting on the floor.

I told him it would have to be moved to a safer place and he gave me such a look! I had to really work to convince him that I was serious! He said none of the dogs he'd had in the past had bothered with fish food! :rofl

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

My senior girl Chancy ate a whole can of fish flakes shortly after we adopted her. Tip and Sissy never seemed to care about the fish food, so it never occurred to me to put it out of reach. Chancy suffered no ill effects at all. Seemed quite proud of herself actually. :lol

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest BooMooandDoo

Please get out the gas mask. . . .Truman ate a whole bag of fish pellets last year. . and OMG . . he had the worst gas imaginable. . be prepared. .

Flashy ate a very large container of fish food...including the container. :( We took him in to the vet along with another container of the same food. They were concerned with one ingredient in the fish food but felt that the amount of that ingredient that he ingested (can't remember what it was) would not be enough to hurt him. They were more concerned with all of the hard and sharp plastic that he had consumed. He was fine...had no problems...but I learned to keep the fish food in the cabinet under the aquarium. :P

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• 1 year later...

Zuni got a hold of the fish food today. A lot of fish food. Already experiencing the gas (she has gas from her current food)--this was a new level.

I guess I shouldn't worry too much. I suspect some big d is in my future, though.

Edited by Pepperjack

My rottie, Erda, who is accross the rainbow bridge, loved to get the fish food, whenever she had the chance. Never knew much difference in the gas odor, since rotties are notorious for odious farts. :rolleyes:

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb