Megan, Its Been 4 Years...

Guest greyhound_bug

Guest greyhound_bug

Hi Megan,

At about 9am November 2, 2002 your battle with colon cancer ended. You fought longer and harder than the vet said...maybe it was the help from "the Jack Attack" keeping your mind off of the cancer.

Its been 4 yrs., and I'm still sadend and sorry that I wasn't at your side. You were a great dog and friend. You always knew how to make our family laugh, whether it was leaving marks on the comforters when you tooted ( :blink: ) or growling at the flies that landed on your food dish ( :rolleyes: ).

Some how you found a way to worm yourself into dad's heart. He still misses you a lot and when it was time for Dan and I to send Sullivan to the bridge, dad said, "Now you know how I felt when I had to let Megan go" :cry1 . Yes it hurt my feelings but at the same time, dad has NEVER felt that way about any of our pets before. You were his "first". He still tells the story about the morning after your first night at home when he was giving mom and I crap for bringing you home. You just stood there and kept smiling at him and intently listened to the discussion about all the reasons why we didn't need a third dog....we all know that you knew what and who we were talking about. Dad later confessed that he barely made it down the stairs without cracking up because of you and the look on your face. :P

I miss you Megan and I think about you lots. :kiss2

Please look after Sullivan for me.

megan.jpg

megan2.jpg

meganandnat.jpg

Megan and I won 1st prize for our Halloween costume-Little Red Riding Hood and Granny (Megan was a Irish Wolfhound-Shephard cross so it was even more funny). BTW, we didn't only make the paper, we also made the local 6pm news for the Blessing of the Animals. We were local celebreties. :lol

And a celebrity in your heart, too.

Rest well, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.