Nellie, The Newest Bridge Angel

Diane4114

I'm posting for Laurie ( Beltane) and her husband Michael.

Today I received another email, and was asked to post here, as they are just devastated.This time from Laurie ( Beltane here) and Michael that today their beloved Nellie would be crossing the bridge to join so many others. They had received the devastating news just 2 weeks ago that she had osteo and her time was coming. Today they made the hardest and most loving decision, to let Nellie be whole again and pain free. She was their 3rd failed foster. A little white girl with a big personality. When Laurie would get up for an early morning stroll to the pond, Nellie was the one who would be up to join her, the others in GH fashion would want to sleep in. She and her sister Winter joined Laurie and Michael on their first Dewey trip. She was so intrigued by the ocean, not wanting to leave. She had to carried away by Michael! She had just turned 7 in July and lived with them for 3 short years. This is never easy, but losing your first is the hardest.

I have pictures to post...but the site is not co-operating.

Run free sweet Nellie. I'm sure Austin was there to greet you.

:weep:weep:f_red:angelwings:gh_run:gh_run:gh_run

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Laurie, I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so sorry. :( My deepest sympathy. Run free and enjoy that big ocean at the Bridge Sweetheart...you are so loved. :grouphug:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm very sorry to hear this news :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm sorry she couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

This news is always so hard to read about...I am so sorry for your devasting loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry for their loss! :( :( :( :( :(

7 is just too young! :cry1:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Laurie & Michael I am so sorry for your loss of Nellie. Bless your hearts...

Nellie is running pain free at the bridge, having fun chasing Beanie probably, but never catching him. When we close our eyes, we can see our pups & kitters at the bridge running pain free & having the biggest time...but mainly pain free!

Nellie will live forever, peacefully, snuggled in your hearts knowing that your purposely failed fostering just for her. She is forever grateful for that deed.

Hilda

:gh_run:f_pink:gh_lay:f_pink:gh_run

Edited by Snowy8

Guest KennelMom

Oh no :cry1 My heart goes out to Laurie and Michael over the loss of their precious Nellie. She sounds like an amazing hound and I know she will be missed terribly...taken way too soon from her family.

Godspeed, sweet Nellie....