Max "da Beeg Fat Cat"

Guest GiJenn51

Guest GiJenn51

Max, Maxi, Maximus, Goofy--

I met you in the shelter, you'd been there for a year, and noone wanted you. You were the biggest orange cat, with double paws and all, and the tiniest tail ever. But you shook it like a rattlesnake that just got stepped on.

I took you home so you would know the warmth of a hug when you wanted it, a soft couch, and a warm place where you knew you would be wanted, and loved. That was almost seven years ago. Time flies by huh?

You were the best kitty to train a greyhound that had any prey drive what-so-ever. Not afraid to sit there and be sniffed, but you knew when they needed a swift swat in the nose.

Always sleeping to my left on your special little blanket. And a sure attendee for treats at the end of the day. You were my good friend, and confidant--though not by your choice....

I miss you already Max. Say 'Hi' to Charlotte, and be sure to have fun OK buddy?

Love,

Mom

Max using Cinder's tail as his personal toy.

DSC00825.jpg

With his buddy Tigger

DSC01224.jpg

Max3.jpg

Max.jpg

Playing peek a boo with the squirrels

maxintheblinds.jpg

MaxParty2.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max you were so loved and cute. I know you were greeted by many. I am sorry for your loss. I have cats andd greys too and know they make an awesome pair.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest K9_Lady

Jenn, your Remembrance was written so beautifully. :grouphug Max will always be in your Heart, he was such a handsome cat. You gave him many years of Love and Hugs. :f_red

I'm so sorry. :cry1

At the vet clinic we use, the word is that orange cats are special. Obviously, handsome Max fit that profile. I'm glad he enjoyed seven years with you; I wish it could have been longer.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

The oldest cat I knew when I worked at the animal hospital was an orange baby. She lived to be 23 years old. I'm sure she will be there to meet Max and tell him where the butterflies are.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

I'm sorry, Jenn.

Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Max, I'm so glad we got to snuggle a few weeks ago and that I met your high snuggling standards. You'll be missed sweet boy. Say hi to Licorice, Jerry, Teaser, and Tipper for me.

Jenn :grouphug

Edited by ml529

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy. Godspeed precious Max...please kiss Fluffy and Sammy Jo for me. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.