Secret Santa 2006

Jeff

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people are still not matched up and the pool at the moment isn't really large enough to do a decent match. I'm going to wait a few more days and keep the system open for new signups to see what we get. I'd like to close the sign-ups later this week though.

So, if you are still thinking about signing up, please do so soon :)

And if you haven't gotten your match yet, I'll do it when we have a few more entries.

11/15

Last of the matches have been made. I had to unmatch a few people as the first matches made by the system had issues. PLEASE check your "MY PACKAGES" tab - that's where your real match info is - ignore the 2302 emails you got as a result of match, unmatch, rematch I did. MY PACKAGES - that's where it's at :)

-Trudy

EVERYBODY - MAKE SURE YOU ARE GOING BY THE INFO IN THE "MY PACKAGES" TAB - otherwise I'm going to kick your butt!

large.greyhound_signature.gif

If you are ordering your SS gift to be sent directly to your SS, at what point do you click that your package has been shipped? When your payment is confirmed? When you receive confirmation that it has shipped (which is most likely it)? I just want to make sure I am following the steps appropriately.

Thanks!

Guest LuckyGrey

NEVER MIND--I just saw that this event is closed.

Hi I'm new here, but would love to join the Secret Santa, but how? I tried to click the Events link and it says no events. I'm probably not seeing where to sign up.

Edited by LuckyGrey

Here is a giant suggestion - try to send your package so it can be opened and people can figure out who it is for and if they can open it or not. Not everybody will open their mail when it arrives and just hang onto it until Christmas.

If it needs to be opened asap, please put that on the package.

Maybe also put the dogs name on the package and if it is box 1 of 3, add that, or if it is a teaser, add that.

The teasers are fine, but leading to confusion, especially with people that don't even open the outer layer of packing.

And if you are sending something to somebody that isn't for SS, please put that on there!

• 2 weeks later...

222 Participants

395 Packages

277 Packages Awaiting Shipment

51 Packages Awaiting Receipt

67 Packages Completed

67 of 395 = 16.96% completed

reminders will begin going out tomorrow. Their frequency will increase until you complete your end of the event. Overseas packages should already have been shipped. Same country shipping should be completed very very soon. Lets get those packages complete and in the mail. Thank you to all how have already shipped and completed their event.

Make sure to update the status of your package when you ship it, and when you receive one from your Secret Santa.

The two parcels I sent out have landed at their destinations and the two parcels that were sent to me have both arrived. (I've pressed all relevant buttons in my funky events thingy which I love) :lol

Thanks for a great GT SS 2006 :reindeer:Peace

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

There is no need to respond to the reminder emails we send out... they are reminders only, we don't want to know that you still haven't received yet or still haven't sent.

These are just reminders to follow up with marking things as you do them.

I got an email asking me to click that I had received my package, but Specky's has not come as of Friday 8am. I will click just as soon as it gets here!

Carol Ann

P.S. There is an insured package that I can pick up at the post office today, but I am hoping that is my Black Horse Design jewelry! (Christmas gift - lucky me!)

Just arrived! = 11:00 am on Friday!!! Off to open it right now!

Edited by cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

If you sent out a package and it has not yet been marked as received and you think it should have gotten there by now... start looking into it.

If you haven't sent, you need to do that ASAP.

If you have received a gift and haven't marked it as so, you need to do that as well.

Email reminders will start going out on a much more frequent basis starting tomorrow. Please do not ignore them - get your packages shipped and if you have received, make sure you have marked it as such.

Guest greytbookert

Hi Trudy - Will we be receiving reminders even we have not been notified of shipment of a package?

If you sent out a package and it has not yet been marked as received and you think it should have gotten there by now... start looking into it.

If you haven't sent, you need to do that ASAP.

If you have received a gift and haven't marked it as so, you need to do that as well.

Email reminders will start going out on a much more frequent basis starting tomorrow. Please do not ignore them - get your packages shipped and if you have received, make sure you have marked it as such.

Hi Trudy - Will we be receiving reminders even we have not been notified of shipment of a package?

No, in that case, the person who is slacking and still needs to send will get the notification.

Once they ship, on the next set of notifications, YOU will get one reminding you to click RECEIVED once you do get the package ;)