King-kitty

Sighthounds4me

King was a barn cat that DH had taken with 3 littermates from his sister's ranch. He was about 9 months old when he went to live with DH and his ex. When DH moved out after the divorce, King went with him.

Then I moved in, and we all lived happily ever after.

About a month ago, King stopped eating regularly. This was very unusual, but he did not start to lose weight right away. We thought he was getting finicky, so we bought a different food. He ate for a little while, then stopped again. Then he started to lose weight. He lost about 4-5 pounds in two weeks.

We took him to the vet, who found his liver values to be very high. Everything else was normal. Long story short, he was dying, if we couldn't do anything about it.

We tried supportive care. But we couldn't get meds into him, and he would not eat. He lost more weight, and we helped him to the Bridge last evening. He's there now, cuddled with one of "his" dogs, Gunnar.

Sleep well, King.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest DoneRacin

:f_red I am so sorry.

I went through the same thing with my cat 8 years ago.

King-Kitty, keep our Bridge babies in line over there until we are all together.

I'm so sorry. Sending warmest hugs to King's loved ones here.

King, go find Gunnar and let him know how the rest of the family is doing. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. :( Chase those butterflies at the Bridge sweetie. Godspeed...:grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

King-kitty I know there are lots of fish and tuna treats waiting for you. I am sorry for your loss.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry he had to go. My kitty Zombie will show him around the bridge.

God bless you and your family.

Edited by argolola

He will be with my JINGLES, my white persian, who left me with the other angels after 16 beautiful years. He will watch over you until we all meet again. Chase butterflies and soar with the angels~~~`

• 2 weeks later...