Missing You My Sweet Grace

Guest mygracefulpooch

Guest mygracefulpooch

I miss her so much that I hurt. I know she is in a better place but I want her back, with me.

I must sound so childish but I still look over at her bed and think I am going to see her big fawn body but nope, I don't.

Holly has filled that space but the hurt is still fresh.

Sorry to sound like a baby but she was such a good girl and my best friend. I miss loading her in the car and going to the store and shopping for her goodies or taking a ride to my MIL's and her getting a massage from her.

Ugh.....

You don't sound childish, Lisa. Grace was part of the family and she'll never be replaced. The new ones that come help ease the pain because they give so much love, but they don't take the place of the ones we've lost, they make their own new place. Grace will always have her own special place in your heart. Sending hugs and prayers to you.

Lori

Lisa...bless your heart, i cannot imagine how hard this is for you :( Grace is still with you, everywhere you go and everything you do...she is part of you and always will be!

There is a poem that i read at my friends funeral and it goes something like...

'They are not gone, they are waiting around a corner, somewhere, just waiting out of sight'

They are some of the lyrics...cant remember it all...

Take care and take time to grieve, although you have Holly now and she sounds such a sweetie of course you will still miss grace.

:heart

Guest Greybiscuit

Lisa - I know exactly how you feel and please feel free to tell us all about if it makes you feel better. I lost my old Sheba about one year ago (Jan 11'02) and she was 19 yrs old. She was my heart dog and had been with me since she was three weeks old.

I thought I would die of grief but my husband told me that he thought Sheba had moved on so that another abandoned furball could know the safety and love of our house.

I know Grace was younger than my Sheba but I think she would want you to open your heart to another homeless furball (I think she is watching to make sure you do!!!!!)

Liisa and Mercedes

I know how much this hurts. Sending hugs your way. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest joeytwelve

I know exactly how you feel. I just joined Greytalk and yours was the first topic I clicked on. As I was reading the replies, the tears started streaming down my face as we lost our Joey Oct. 2nd. There is not a day that goes by that I havent thought about him fifty times. I definitely feel your loss.

Guest Lisa_n_Dusty

Your Gracie and my Dusty are looking down on us. The pain is too much to bear. I understand exactly how you feel. I cry everyday. Mornings are the worst cause it was a whirlwind of activity that always was about Dusty. I gave him his glucosomine. put him out to go,fed him ,brushed his teeth and then took him for an hour walk. Now, every morning I sit and cry, I can't bear it. I was happy to hear you got another grey real soon after Gracie. I want one yesterday but DH is really grieving and couldn't bear it. I know your grief cause I feel it too.

Those of us who've lost our beloved dogs completely understand your pain. I wish there was something to take it away, but feeling it is part of healing. Your grief is because of your love. Those who don't love their pets deeply, don't grieve for their loss. Be glad that it hurts. It means it was worth it.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

My thoughts are with you...I know how much pain you are in and please - feel free to 'unload' any time you need to. We are here for you.

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Lisa,

When I adopted Toolie, my first Greyhound, it was almost like a brand new love affair. I know that sounds kind of funny, but what I mean is it was a time of innocence, we were both young and crazy and countless new adventures (and some funny mis-adventures) awaited us. As time went on, I adopted more hounds, but Toolie was always there, always the boss of them all, and life was always wonderful. After I lost my girls, a year went by before I adopted again. In that time, I always knew that I'd adopt new Greyhounds. The strange thing was, when I thought about adopting a new grey, for some reason, I thought it would be just like 1989 all over again. We would be young and innocent all over again.

When I brought Dino home, he reminded me of Toolie so much, I had to actually say out loud, "Ryan! That's not Toolie!" It wasn't easy and that's the very reason I didn't want to adopt another white Greyhound. Actually, that was very hard on me. What I learned, the hard way mind you, was that age of innocence was gone forever. I may have young new hounds to take care of again, but it's not the same. Not even close.

If I may be so bold, you have to tell yourself this: You gave Grace a good long and happy life. There was nothing more she could have asked of you. The thing to remember though, the time she lived, was her time in this world and you did a wonderful job of loving her and making her happy. Now it's Holly's turn for a long happy life. It's her time to shine. This at least, is how I found closure after I suffered my lose. I hope it helps in some way for you too.

Take care,

Ryan

I feel the same way about Millie. I know that she lived a long life--I mean, she was nearly 15--and that she had a good home and that she's not hurting and that her spirit is always with me, but I can't see her and it hurts. I look at where she used to rest, and she's not there.

All I can say is you're not alone. It's nothing less than a miracle the strength of the bond that joins us all, even after death. :gh_face

Guest ProudGreyMom

I don't think its childish at all to come to express your feelings in a place where so many can understand how you feel. I lost my 17 year old kitty, Trixie, a few years ago and I still miss her so much. Its not an everyday thing but something will just remind me of her, or I will see a picture. I hope Holly can bring some joy and love into the big spot in your heart that I'm sure you have left for her!

Guest Enter your name  Alice

I know exactly what you mean - I lost my Piaf this past october and I can still feel her, smell her and hear her talk back to me. I know that God is playing with her and that she is running free and laughing at all of us silly humans as she we try to muddle through our lives. I know that she is with me now and will always be there in all I do. Their love is so unconditional and becomes such a part of our lives that they never leave us. Thank God. I know what you are feeling. - Alice