New Here

Guest Sabina

We adopted our first Greyhound, George in December of '05. He is so sweet and shy. Now we would like to get involved in volunteering for events.

Does anyone have an idea for sociaizing George without overwhelming him?

Guest Brandy_b

I am working on socialzing Caliloka too (since she's scared of everything!). SO we are into agility and obedience. And we only take things like walking in busy places and going near kids really slow.....she is scared. But you need to expose her to those things little by little :)

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

Guest GREENSTGREYS
:baloons Welcome! Meet and greets can be a little overwhelming for a shy dog but if you talk to some of the local greyhound people,they may have informal dog walks or other activites for your pup.

Guest TBSFlame

Tessie hates M&G. I tried and tried to help her to like them but I finally gave up and she gets to stay home. She likes to walk in parades and go to outside events. She did not like all the other breeds of dogs that you find in Petsmart. She is not small dog safe and she is afraid of those wild big dogs.

Guest greytdame
:wave HI and welcome! My pair are just the opposite, M&Gs are greyt for them, but they don't like the unstructured events nearly as well. However, our local GPA chapter has monthly play dates. We meet at a local park and go to a baseball field, secure the gates, and turn 'em loose. It is greyt fun for all, hoomans and greys alike. Mine run once then stand right by me :lol You may contact your local GPA chapter to see if they have play dates. Once your baby becomes familiar with the greys in the group, other functions become easier and not so scary for them. And, did anyone mention, WE LOVE PICTURES, PLEASE!

Guest GreytfullDad

Parades, play groups and M & G 's through a local group are always good socialization tools. Playdates with other greys in your area etc...

:welcome

Edited by GreytfullDad

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HoundsRus

Welcome to GT and congratulations!

Like mentionned from other members, it's better to take it slow and give him time.....take it one step at a time.....you have to be very patient and give him lots of TLC