Feeling Very Low

Guest greytgirl

Guest greytgirl

:(:weep

Im having a bad time at the moment hope you dont mind me sharing I get like this sometimes, although I think about my beloved Butch (golden retriever) every day, I can usually be happy with that, but then I have times when I get heartbroke about him. :brokenheart:brokenheart

I miss him SO SO much, as much as ever, it will be 5 years ago on 17th Dec that he went to the bridge. He was 18 and really we should have let him go earlier, but I was selfish, I wanted him to stay with me The guilt eats me alive, he didn't suffer, his mind was all there and his spirit, his body just gave up. I cant cope with the fact I had him pts, even though it was needed.. :(

He was the most loving and handsome boy, I'll never forget him. I love you Butch, miss you so much, run free my beautiful boy, forever your Mummy :beatheart

(sorry for the length of the post, just need to talk about him )

Guest jettcricket

Many of us know how incredibly hard it is....you never forget. They are such special souls. He will stay forever in your heart....hold onto the good memories. Sending you a :grouphug

Guest formercatlady

I'm very sorry you're feeling so sad. I know how it hurts to let one of your babies go. I still cry over my Frankie kitty who had to be pts in 2000 b/c he was in renal failure. You did what was best for Butch even though it was hard for you. Be easy on yourself.

:bighug

That decission is the hardest that one will have to make. I fully understand the pain of that--as do many others here. Unfortunately, that's part of being a pet owner. I will always second guess the decission, but I know that I have to let it go when it comes up. Have you thought of seeing a therapist? It can really help getting through the sad periods. Just someone to talk to that can guide you through the healing process... :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Just remember that you aren't alone.

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

hold the memories close and treasure them. remember sending your beloved pet to the bridge is the final act of love we give them and it is our responsibility to do this when we love them that much. I know it is still painful but remember he wants you to be happy.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

It has been 7 years since my beloved Caesar went to the bridge. I STILL get very emotional every July when the anniversary of his death passes. We know how you feel and it is okay.

:grouphug I'm sure you know that many of us have faced that grim decision and the grief of losing a beloved companion. Try not to second guess yourself--you know that you did your very best to make the decision that was best for Butch. Believe that your abiding love for him lead you to the right decision for him and at the right time.

My first dog, Claire, was with me for 17 years. I treasure each of those years in her good long life...but I think the fact that she had shared such a long and important period of my own life added another dimension to my grief at loosing her. Butch was with you for a similarly wonderful long time and I think that makes the loss particularly poignant..

I prayed that I'd know what to do for Claire and I've always been grateful that the time to help her to the Bridge was very clear. Her little body just couldn't go on. I think that the failure of Butch's body told you what needed to be done, and you did it in love. Grieve when you need to. Post when you need to. :grouphug

Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest greytgirl

:grouphug Thankyou all so very much, it means a lot for me to be able to talk about Butch, to people I know understand, without being judged, and hearing "it was only a dog!" NO NO he was (is) my baby boy :inlove

Feeling a little better now, it just comes over me..cant explain it :unsure Think it may be because my Tasha, is 15 and slowing down rapidly :( , may be bringing it all back and Im worrying now about going through it all again.

Thanks again x

Think it may be because my Tasha, is 15 and slowing down rapidly , may be bringing it all back and Im worrying now about going through it all again.

:grouphug I sometimes find myself doing the same thing and my 3 are not all that old.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

opting for euthanisia decision that i think makes it even harder to let go. i've had to make the same decision several times, and it is never easy. :grouphug

btw, i still miss beansy, my beloved lab mix, who ws PTS eleven years ago. sometimes it just doesn't go away.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

We all know how you feel...because most of us have had to make that final decision...and it is never easy. May sweet memories fill your heart until you and Butch meet once more...never having to say goodbye again. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest OurGreytLife

I feel this forum has the most caring, understanding people I've ever "met". Only someone who has loved a dog(s) as much as us and made that awful decision knows how it feels. I, too, have had to make that decision. Unfortunately, I've had to make it too many times in my life. I had 3 Samoyeds that were siblings and were 10 years old when I lost each of them only six months apart, to illness. One had bone cancer, the other had Degenerative Myelopathy and the third to severe arthritis. Words cannot describe the shock and grief of losing them all so quickly. Just a few years ago I had to pts our beloved Dalmatian who developed seizures. Despite all the proper medication and dosing, our "Duey" became aggressive and had rage episodes towards my other 2 dogs and my cats. How heartbreaking seeing this happy, go lucky dog change before our eyes. "Duey" was only 3 years old. And my terrible luck continues. Last year I lost my precious Greyhound, "Marty" to cancer. He had just turned 5 years old and was ill less than a week. An ultrasound found tumors in his intestines. Surgery the next day confirmed it was cancer so I asked the vet not to wake Marty. I cry as I type this. Losing him was so devasting. Such wonderful dogs and such loss. I currently have a 6 year old Lab-mix and a 2 year old Greyhound and I treasure each day I have with them. I fear I will lose them, too. I don't want to win the lottery, I don't want fancy cars or vacations. I just want an old dog.

Greytgirl, hang in there. Whether people like us lose one dog or several, whether we lose them young or old, whether we decide for them it's time or they're taken from us another way, it's always hard because they were loved and we were loved by them. Know you're not alone and there are people here who understand your loss.

Denise

I cant cope with the fact I had him pts, even though it was needed..

I can't tell you how many times I have prayed for one to go in their sleep. Never happened :(

I just went through this. God how I wished she made the choice instead of me. That was the hardest part! In my heart I know it was right, but it does not make it easy...ever. I feel your pain! I have since made my other girls promise they will peacefully go in there sleep. Selfish...Yep! But I also know they won't necessarily hold up their end of this deal. I don't know how you get past what you are feeling...I haven't either. Just know you have all kinds of support here. Many of us have gone through it!

The Girls

Guest jettcricket

I cant cope with the fact I had him pts, even though it was needed..

I can't tell you how many times I have prayed for one to go in their sleep. Never happened :(

I just went through this. God how I wished she made the choice instead of me. That was the hardest part! In my heart I know it was right, but it does not make it easy...ever. I feel your pain! I have since made my other girls promise they will peacefully go in there sleep. Selfish...Yep! But I also know they won't necessarily hold up their end of this deal. I don't know how you get past what you are feeling...I haven't either. Just know you have all kinds of support here. Many of us have gone through it!

I remember years ago when I had to make the decision to take my sweet kitty Sushi to vet to have her PTS as she was terminally ill with cancer. I was at work and had just finished making the appt. to take her and was so sad and crying and my boss said to me, "Lin...your not making the decision, God is". It did give me comfort knowing that she was right. She told me that I was just making her passing easier and that God will embrace her and take care of her.

Sending you many bouqets of blessings and beautiful sweet memories. Sometimes you just can't get through the day without thinking of them.I'll just hear a song and fall apart. At least we all have one another and we're here day and night. :grouphug

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug I too have days like this....thinking what I could have done differently and eventually realising that the only thing I can do is my best at any given time and hope to learn from my experiences....it will pass, and you will have days when you remember the good times too :)

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT