Happy Went To The Bridge, 10/16/2001

plepkowski

I posted this five years ago today. Sweet Happy, you are still in my heart and thoughts.

Happy, aka "Slick's Brindle", was born on 4/14/89 and died on 10/16/01. He was 12 years 6 months and 2 days old.

He was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the humerus of the left front leg on 3/21/01. That leg was amputated on 3/22/01. The amputation was followed by 3 chemo-therapy treatments with carboplatin.

His lungs were still clear on 7/2/01, but on 9/2/01 tumors were found in his lungs and his right rear leg.

No further treatment was possible.

Happy was the sweetest, most courageous dog I've ever known, and I've known a lot of dogs. I trained 962 guide dogs half a century ago. I'm really going to miss him.

Paul with Bill & Elmo & angel Happy

in the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY

Isn't it ironic how we can remember dates such as this? And now when we think of it, we have more smiles than tears? I hope you're okay tonight & that you can think about Happy without as many tears as 5 years ago.

f_yellow:gh_run:f_white:gh_runf_yellow

Guest Machbragal

It just doesn't get easier in terms of living without them. I'm glad you shared this remembrance with us -- what a very special puppy he was.

Happy was the sweetest, most courageous dog I've ever known

He made a difference, then, didn't he? Your words make me wish I'd gotten to meet him while he was here.

I'm sorry he couldn't stay with you longer.

Rest well, Happy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PhillyPups

Happy, run with the angels, sweetie, and when you run by my Runner and SugarBear, give them a smile and let them know Mommy loves them and misses them so much.

Hugs to you Paul, the memories are so sweet, the pain never goes away. :bighug:

The circle of love...through eternity. Please send your family a very special rainbow today Sweet Happy...You are so loved and missed. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.