Until We Meet Again

Guest mantis

Guest mantis

This is something that I wrote a while ago and have not posted here so I thought that I would do so.

Until We meet Again

By Dennis Young

I remember when I first came to live with you, I was so small, and to me you were so big. At first I didn’t know what to do, but you were there to help me along, and show me what you wanted me to do, and I was only too happy to do what you asked.

There was a time when I didn’t know what love was, and you taught me that love, was all around me, and all I had to do was to look, and I would find it. I came to love you just as you loved me, and I had the best life that any dog could ever ask for.

The years that I have spent with you have been the happiest in my life, but now the years are starting to show on me, and on you too, and I know that I don’t have a lot of time left to be with you. The only thing that I ask of you is that when the time comes, and I can no longer have the life that you know that I should have, then will you do me this one favor? Will you end my suffering with the dignity that I deserve.

I may not be there for you to touch, pat or hug, but I want you to know that I’m never very far away. Just look in your heart and that’s where you will find me.

When I have to leave you, please don’t say good-bye, please say until we meet again, because we will meet again in a place where there will be no more pain, and no more suffering, a place where we can run, and play, and be together forever.

I will love you always.

Your best friend,

Your Dog

Edited by mantis

very beautiful..... :cry1:cry1:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway