Miss Nellie Finally Sent Us A Rainbow

greytdecals

I have been waiting for almost 6 months now for a sign from Miss Nellie letting us know she is ok and finally yesterday around 6pm on our way to my Mom's house, we saw it....a FULL rainbow...a double rainbow...one was brighter than the other....I tried to get good photos with my camera phone but it was pouring down rain and this was the best I could do :( I was feeling ill all week and yesterday was the worst and I didn't want to go to my Mom's house for dinner but something made me get up and go...I think it was Miss Nellie...she wanted me to see the rainbow she sent! On another sad note...we got a call while at my Mom's that my Aunt had passed away at 6pm that night...the same time I saw the rainbow! My Aunt had suffered a stroke last weekend and went downhill real quick...I guess Miss Nellie was wanting me to know that Aunt Eunice arrived and was ok too!

I took a photo of each end!

5356760.jpg

rainbow2.jpg

rainbow.jpg

I LOVE you soooo much Miss Nellie and miss you more than anything! What I wouldn't give to be able to hold you and kiss you just one more time :(

rainbow3.jpg

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Guest GreyhoundTrish

Suzie,

She's always with you. She even watches out for me. I don't have a doubt about either. It's a beautiful rainbow, and I'm glad that Nellie could send such a wonderous gift to you.

Hugs,

Trish

Guest greytbookert

I'm so glad you finally got your rainbow! Booker was probably flirting with her and keeping her from sending you the rainbow until now!

The night that Booker left us, I saw my first shooting star shortly after he went. It was a strange feeling but a moment that I'll cherish forever, well through tears.

Suzie we were all talking about Miss Nellie yesterday at the event. We had those wonderful motivation posters that you made of her on the wall. She is thought of often around here with love.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest tricolorhounds

Suzie we were all talking about Miss Nellie yesterday at the event. We had those wonderful motivation posters that you made of her on the wall. She is thought of often around here with love.

Quite a beautiful rainbow that Miss Nellie sent you!! :)

She's been a busy girl making appearances around the continent.. Last weekend at the picnic where I had my photo booth, I had my album of motivational posters. It just so happens that I have a whole chapter of just Miss Nellie...

P.S. There was a little brindle tripod 7 week old oops puppy at the picnic. He had been part of an oops litter that was rescued from the Caliente track with his littermates.. but the little guy had gotten a wire wrapped around his little back leg and had to be amputated..

just yesterday I went to Michael's to get the prints I got for the GPA Gala framed -- but more importantly Miss Nellie's sketch !!!! The girl working the framing counter started looking through all the greyhound prints I had and started crying :( ! I asked her what was wrong and she told me her family was putting their 11 year old chow down that afternoon! He had cancer :(

we both cried :(

then we started going back through the pictures I had to be framed, I pulled out Miss Nellie's drawing and told her about her, and Hope for Hounds :) I completely lost it :cry1

I think Miss Nellie was there to help her pup cross the bridge :):)

(okay I'm bawling again now :cry1:cry1 )

Suzie, I'm so glad she sent you the rainbow! :) She knows her Mom needed to know she's okay :) :)

eta like the 3rd time.... I'm so very sorry about your Aunt! :( and I hope you're feeling better!

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest vahoundlover

I am so glad you got your rainbow :grouphug I know Miss Nellie, Dolly and the rest of the Bridge angels are happy, healthy and having a good time. I know it's hard....really hard.... :cry1:grouphug

I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt. My condolences to you and your family. :sad1

:f_pink:f_pink

That is awesome Suzie!

Just last weekend I was telling my in laws about Miss Nellie and her goggles. She is one of the stories I followed closely. She has a place in my heart, and I never met her. She was special and your loved showed through soooo strongly! I am so glad you got a sign. It makes such a difference (once the tears stop again). It is a comfort like no other! She has been a busy girl in Heaven I am sure! Sadly, she has a lot of great company.

Run free babies and enjoy all there is up there!

The Girls

Thank you Miss Nellie...you sent Mommy a Rainbow just when she needed it most. :grouphug

You are loved and missed.

Miss Nellie,

Eyem takin reel good carez of yer monkee...an eye alwayz will.

Lacers :paw

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

I'm glad you finally got your rainbow. My Cody took her time about the rainbow-sending too! But she waited till I was visiting my friend who had talked me into getting a grey in the first place, and she'd lost her grey only 3 months before I lost Cody - so they BOTH sent us both a rainbow together!!

So sorry about your aunt. We're going through that with my mom's best friend (who has been like an aunt) right now.

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Thank you so much everyone, for your kind words and for not forgetting my girlie! I am still in shock at the impact that Miss Nellie made on people...she was a true one-of-a-kind and there will never be another Miss Nellie. It warms my heart to know that she touched other people's lives just as she touched ours and that she continues to help in the fight against canine cancer, even tho she is not physically here wth us :blush

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Could I beg for some Miss Nellie pictures again? It's been a while and while the Doggles one is sweet, it does obscure her lovely eyes. I need another fix!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest how888

I hope Miss Nellie likes the I Love My Greyhound Decal I bought from you. It's in the back window of the landrover so I know she sees it every day!!! And she can see the sign hanging on my fence with the greyhound on it. Of course Nike thinks it's his picture! More people have commented on it. :grouphug Keep sending signs Miss Nellie.

Edited by how888

Guest SquanHound
:grouphug I am so glad that Miss Nellie sent you a sign. I can only imagine the tears that must have been falling - heck, I never had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Miss Nellie (but I prayed for her a whole lot) and I tearing up as write this. Sending prayers and comforting thoughts to you and your family.