Reese- Feb 15, 2000 To Sept 26, 2006

Guest VirginiaGreys

Guest VirginiaGreys

It's with a heavy heart that I post this....I got a call today and the family that adopted my 3rd foster had to put Reese down today...she couldn't eat, sleep and could barely breathe. :cry:

Reese was dx earlier this year with cancer and the first treatment didn't work as much as they thought it had....and the second time it came back....it was too aggressive. :(

Reese was 5 years old Greyhound DATA info when she retired from the track...she was still winning, but due to bad publicity coming to the NH track....(long story, sad story)...it was decided to let her retire.

Reese was almost our 4th dog here (she was our 3rd foster), but we weren't quite ready for the fourth...and decided to let her go with this wonderful older couple (the parents of the couple that had adopted our 2nd foster)....because she was in simple terms....the best dog all around...and we knew that she would just fit right in....she already made good friends with her cousin (Abbey) as soon as they met at PetSmart.

Reese was spoiled rotten and she is now in a place that she can run around, play with stuffies till her heart is content. I'm sure that she will be waiting at the bridge with her parents finally arrive.

Run Free sweet girl!

:gh_runner

Here are some memorable pictures I have of Reese.

This first one has been my screensaver for a year and a half.

ReeseandSnowieFriendsForever.jpg

The picture you see above was Reese with my Snowie...they were best buds while Reese was here.

The pictures below were taken on Feb 15...which happens to be not only Reese's birthday, but Foxy's birthday as well. They were both 5 at the time. No...they weren't related....but it was really cool to celebrate their birthdays the same day.

DSC03287.jpg

FoxyandReeses5thBirthday2.jpg

Edited by VirginiaGreys

I am so sorry. :( Run free sweet Angel...you are loved and missed. Please send your family beautiful rainbows and watch over from above until you meet again. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry. :candle Run like the wind Reese :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am so sorry. Please let the family know of our sympathy.

I hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest DoneRacin

:f_red I am so sorry. My heartfelt sympathies to you and the adopting family. That first picture is just adorable, I want to make it MY screensaver!....Talk about a picture with a thousand words! That one speaks "I LOVE YOU, I'M HAPPY, I LOVE YOU, I'M HAPPY, I LOVE YOU, I'M HAPPY...over and over!

May you and her guardians find peace, happiness and comfort in the memories.