My Beautiful Silver Pee-wee Princess, Sissy

ZoomDoggy

I'm re-posting this since it was lost when the last server died. I finally changed the text of my signature too. Man I didn't think that would hurt so much...

It's been over a month now, but it doesn't sting any less yet. Cancer has robbed me of another family member in a swift and brutally cruel fashion. We were supposed to have five more years… I still can't believe she's gone.

I do want to share some of my favorite photos from my precious and far-too-short twenty-seven months with my little Sissy-girlie. We all adored her from the first instant we saw her. She was my first girlie dog. She taught my husband that it is possible to truly love a pet. Tipper believed Sissy was the best birthday gift ever. Sissy gave Chancy the gift of self-confidence. We all adore her still. Our pee-wee silver princess ruled the world with a velvet paw. Sissy is my sassy fearless adventure-girl who only played alone, and made sure we all knew we belong to her.

Sissy spins

In mostly chronological order…

Sissy loved Tipper from the first moment she laid eyes on him. Tipper got used to the idea :rolleyes: … Sissy’s kisses were always reserved for a select few :

sismooch2.jpg

Sissy, my hair-trigger roooing soprano:

SisROOO.jpg

I told her if she wasn’t careful, her face might stick this way. And for a minute after she woke up, it did! :lol :

sis_grrrrr.jpg

Sissy comforted me while I was sick:

aim_sis2.jpg

A picnic in Taylor’s Falls. I loooooove her sticky-uppy ears:

sis_tip_picnic.jpg

Hubby stealing a smooch at a picnic at Lake Pepin:

stuart_sis_smooch.jpg

A hike along the St. Croix River:

me_dogs_beach_squat.jpg

One of my all-time favorite princess photos :wub: :

sis_paws2.jpg

Part one of three…

My husband and I were always incredulous that a family out there just decided they didn’t want Sissy. She’d been bounced after a number of years. We couldn’t have been luckier…

My beautiful angel :wub: :

sis_on_velvet_cropped.jpg

Sissy’s Chariot:

sis_car.jpg

A charming hound-friendly B&B in Fulton Missouri, with a stunning garden courtyard perfect for greyhounds to frolic:

loganberry1.jpg

Sissy & hubby, reading in bed at the Loganberry:

stu_sis_reading.jpg

A hot summer walk along the Mississippi in New Orleans with Maucarden and Atty:

nola1.jpg

Sissy had a poor racing career, but she made it to the Hall of Fame anyway. ;) She left her signature in the “greyhound guestbook” in the museum TWICE, much to my husband’s embarrassment:

GH_hallofame.jpg

An early-autumn visit by some tiger swallowtails:

tip_sis_bfly2.jpg

Giving me the bug-eye:

sis_roach1.jpg

How I’ll miss waking up to see four silver paws poking up in the air between hubby and me in bed…

Part 2 of three…

At an adoption promo at the MN Renaissance Festival:

4518aim_hounds.jpg

Lake Superior beach “up nort” in January:

me_dogs_nshore.jpg

A winter hike along the Temperance River and Lake Superior. The trails were very icy, and Sissy was the only one who actually thoroughly enjoyed the hike:

aim_tip_sis_hike.jpg

Volunteering at Twin Cities Public Television, this was Sissy’s BIG LIVE TV DEBUT :lol It didn’t hurt that the cameraman immediately fell in love with Sissy:

group2.jpg

My favorite photo of all three: Sissy, Tipper and Chancy:

snowhounds.jpg

How we while away the sub-zero days of winter… Sissy was in her customary and rightful place in the center of our bed :

sis_chan_zorb.jpg

She patiently endured some terrible abuse ;) :

sis_bunny_slippers2.jpg

One of our last “good” days:

me_nuzzling_sis.jpg

This takes my breath away:

sis_eye.jpg

I love you Sissy, my tiny silver princess. We always will.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Aimee

Everyday something reminds me of Sissy and now I smile with a few tears instead of just tears.

One day I will get my crew to roo, I just wish Sissy had taught them.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

We love and miss you beautiufl Angel Sissy. :grouphug:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sissy's memorial post was the first thing I saw on the new server before they copied the posts over from the temp server and seeing it made me just as sad as I was when I first heard you'd lost her. I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet Sissy :grouphug :grouphug

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

Guest Tenderhearts

Oh Aimee, what a wonderful tribute! :cry1:grouphug

That last picture takes my breath away too :wub:

She will always have a special place in your hearts. God bless you all!

I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful girl.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest rsqdogsmom

Thank you so much for sharing all those great photos.

Your Sissy was a well-loved girlie.

I know how much you must all miss her every day.

Take comfort in knowing how happy you made her time with you.

:f_white:brokenheart

I am so sorry. :candle What a sweet girlie. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm so sorry. :cry1

ETA: I meant to add that the pictures are terrific.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)