Bauer

BauersMom

I lost my sweet Bauer on Thursday. The vet said he had a tumor that ruptured in his chest, causing his lungs to collapse, leading to cardiac arrest. We were away in San Francisco when we got the news and he was in a strange place for his last days. A dog as great as Bauer deserved so much better.

I love you, Bauerman. You were the best dog I could have ever asked for.

0ca42a09.jpg

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greymomx2

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Bauer was a gorgeous boy. You may not have been there physically, but I know you were thinking about him and loving him while on your trip, and Bauer knew you loved him. Run free, sweet Bauer. :gh_run2f_yellow

Oh no... :( I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug What a joyful picture of your precious boy. May your happy memories of him bring you comfort. He will always be with you in your heart. Godspeed, sweet Bauer... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh no. My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, Bauer.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Though Bauer is gone from this earth, he remains here in your heart.

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.

St. Francis de Salles

I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh no :cry1 Your sweet Bauer knew you loved him... :grouphug People say the hardest thing they ever did was be there when their baby crossed the bridge, but I'll bet it's harder to not be there...I'm so sorry :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I'm so sorry....what a sweet boy. He always reminded me of my Trevor, I know they have met at the Bridge by now.

How heartbreaking you were not with him, but maybe he meant it to be that way....

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Guest argolola

I am typing through tears as I read about your precious boy. Please take comfort in knowing that you gave him a wonderful life. May God bless you.

"Goodnight Sweet Prince. And flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest" - William Shakespeare

Thanks so much for all the kind words. It has been a difficult few days.

The vet said that the time between when the kennel brought him upstairs to when he passed was only ten or fifteen minutes. I know that being at the kennel gave him his best chance to make it, but I wish I could have said goodbye.

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

I'm so sorry. :cry1 He was far too young.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)