Wave & Willie

Guest indigojen

Guest indigojen

I never posted here when Wavey died and since I'm still relatively numb, I figured now was as good a time as ever.

I had posted my medical questions when Willie stopped eating. The majority seemed to think he was depressed, as we could well understand. Well, turns out that Willie wasn't sick with grief, but was sick with ?????? which led to acute renal failure. He spent his last week on earth in the hospital with IV fluids and medications. His body shut down and we had to help him to the bridge on Friday.

He was literally dying before our eyes.

Wave left us August 23 and sixteen days later, Willie joined her.

We're not sure what took him away from us - the vet is leaning towards Leptospirosis and if not that possibly kidney cancer. We'll know about the Lepto this week. We began treatment for it anyway.

Wave and Willie were best friends. They were with us over six years. Two seniors came in our lives (one for a year and one for about six months) but Wave and Willie were - well, it's hard to know what word to use. They were WaveandWillie. You never saw one without the other. They came into our lives a few weeks apart. Wave was only 18 months and she was so naughty. I wanted to give her back, but the group swore she'd be better with a friend, so in came Willie. He chilled her out, but she taught him to be naughty as well. Not what we had planned, but she was our butch bitch and well, he was Willie. Deathly afraid of flies on his butt, but a guard dog, keeping all his girls safe. Afterall, he was the man of the house.

The house is so empty now. We feel lost and alone and it was a huge blow to our perfect little family. Our only solace is that they are together, just as they would have wished. We figure Wave called Willie a sissy for not sticking it out without her, but he took in stride, like he always did.

Thanks for all the support and kind words.

Jen & Gwynn

Wave, Willie, Midge and Opal all healthy and playing together again

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChrissyB

Oh No!! I'm so sorry.......I know the emptiness. It hurts so bad, almost like someone cut out your insides from the shoulders to the waist.

We're here for you.

I am so sorry. words don't even begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I can only hope they just needed to be together. I pray for comfort and lots of strength to get you all through this. They were a beautiful pair. May your memories of them become your most cherished treasure. God bless you all.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Jen and Gwynn,

I'm so sorry. WaveandWillie were such special dogs. f_yellow

Patti Wingert

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest DundeeToddsMom

I'm so sorry. Just know they are painfree and together again at the bridge waiting for you.

Godspeed WaveandWillie....run a lap with my Angels Sweet Dee and Bubba...

Oh my! How completely devastating!

I am so so very sorry! :(

Godspeed WaveandWillie... spend your time together playing in the clouds... while you wait for your people to come and meet you.

run free, sweet pups.... f_yellow

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I am so sorry. :(:( Run free and always together sweet Angels...and send your family Rainbows often. Godspeed sweet Wave and Willie. :grouphug:f_pink:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh no. I am so so sorry for your losses. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I am so sorry for your losses. You wrote a lovely tribute for WaveandWillie.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I am so sorry for your dual loss.

Please let us know if there is something we can do. :f_pink

In the meantime, take good care of yourselves and remember the good times! :angelwings

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

I am so, so sorry. Try to take some comfort in knowing they are together again. :candle :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Tenderhearts

I remember when you first posted about losing Wave. :cry1 No doubt they needed to be with each other, though I know that doesn't mend your broken heart. Know that you did the best that you could, and they are smiling down on you :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug