Pegasus Just Passed Away

Guest Heehoo

jul23870.jpg

He woke me up this morning, I thought he just misstepped on the bed...he fell over on me & just sat there. He was panting...so I got up, thinking he had to go potty. When I opened the back door, someone bumped him & he fell. I knew then something was wrong, this is a very strong, regal, proud dog. He got up before I could help him, but I could tell by the way he was walking, something was wrong. He went about his business, but I noticed that the others were following him. He pottied real good, then came trotting back to me. He went in the bedroom & got in Pipi's crate & rather than gracefully laying down, he fell down. He laid there panting. I got him some water, turned the a/c down some more & put the fan on him but he didn't want water. He panted so hard & loud. I knew when I touched his cool face & legs, something was terribly wrong.

Before I could get dressed & get him ready to take to the vet, he was gone.

I don't think its hit me yet, I guess because I had time to be with him before he left...I was able to tell him how much I loved him & how great I thought our relationship was, even after he bit me in 2002...He was & always will be my shadow, my heart, my clingy big guy. We just celebrated our 7th gotcha day the other day....and it was a wonderful 7 years.

I'm going to miss you my Flying Pegasus. Mommy loves you. :wub:

:f_red:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:f_red

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guinness_the_greyt

OMG! I'm so so sorry! What a terrible shock. :grouphug

What a beautiful boy he was.... I'm so glad you were able to have 7 wonderful years together. And I am glad he was able to be home with you when he crossed... I'm sure there wouldn't have been anywhere else he would have wanted to be. :grouphug

I'm sending you many many hugs for you and your gang today!

Godspeed Pegasus!

Godspeed Pagasus :gh_run

I'm so sorry, but glad you could be with him in the end. :grouphug :f_yellow

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

My heart goes out to you. What a dreadful, dreadful shock.

Run with the wind, Pegasus.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

i'm so sorry :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm very sorry :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest HHDesigns

Okay, now I'm crying ... I was so shocked to get your e-mail this morning. Pegs was such a sweet soul and a great meet and greet guy. I'm glad he had 7 wonderful years with you. I loves ya honey!

Fly with the Wind Flying Pegasus... :gh_run

Guest Tenderhearts

Hilda, I am so sorry I'm not close so I can hug you in your time of grief :cry1 You have been such a dear friend to me :grouphug

Pegs, run free and please say hello to my Bart for me! :gh_run

Oh no :cry1: Im so sorry, if there is ANYTHING I can do please PM me :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle