I Finally Put Doll In Her Urn

Guest vahoundlover

Guest vahoundlover

I had ordered Dolls urn sometime ago and just couldn't make myself put her ashes in it. :sad1 This morning I got up and fixed DH his favorite breakfast and helped him with some yardwork..when we finished I sat down and enjoyed the quiet cool morning air. I found myself thinking of Doll and all she has given me. I had always felt the need to have a *cause* which cause I didn't know. Then Doll and Sheba entered our lives and I found myself falling in love. The group we had adopted from went through some changes and I was asked if I would like to volunteer...I said yes. In the process of volunteering, I realized I had found my *cause* finding these wonderful dogs homes, helping Sara with whatever she needed and in the process making some wonderful friends. I thought about the fun Doll and I had together. The love, patience and quiet guidance she gave me. We had so many quiet conversations, just talking through our eyes. While thinking I found myself putting Dolls' remains in her final resting place....her urn...the urn I agonized over...was this the one...would Doll approve. I think she would...it speaks volumes of who Doll was and still is. I know she will watch over us and continue to guide me from her perch on the cabinet in our favorite room.

I miss you soo much my love, I still can't believe you are gone..my heart aches so much. I know your at the Bridge having a good time..thank you for the 3 rainbows you have sent me...I will always love you and keep you in my heart.

The many faces of my dearest Dolly

672-R1-125-8A-1.jpg

672-R1-107-21A-1.jpg

672-R1-103-17A.jpg

672-R1-88-8A-1.jpg

halloween2005054.jpg

371672-R1-160-11-1.jpg

371672-R1-155-8-1.jpg

BossandDoll1.jpg

:f_pink:f_pink

Guest DippersMom

She was a beautiful girl. I am sure she approves. It's obvious she brought many gifts into your life. :bighug I hope that laying her to rest brings you some closure and peace. :heart

Guest greytlady

The hardest part of loving is letting go. Dolly introduced you to the wonderful world of greyhounds and will watch over your family as the years go by. Allergies.........

:grouphug :grouphug

That second pic...it's a wonder you ever dressed her up again after the look she gave you.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest guinness_the_greyt

:sad1 Someday I'll get my urn too.... :grouphug

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Dolly.... That Xmas pic cracked me up... She was DEFINITELY givin the stinkeye in that pic! :P

Guest gracesmom

Beautiful, the urn and Doll. She would definitely approve . It is so hard to let them go. Gracie's ashes are still in the velvet bag the crematory returned her in, on my nightstand. I haven't been able to do anything with them either, other than hold the bag, close my eyes, and remember what her fur felt like and the sight of her big smile.

Doll approves...I just know she does. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest DoneRacin

What a beautiful girl and what a devilish eye she is giving in her Santa suit! How adorable is that!!??

The urn is beautiful. Doesn't matter when you put her ashes in it, she has been running happy and free at the bridge...waiting for you. But I am sure she sees it and of course she approves!

:f_red

Guest Machbragal

Thank you for sharing with us. I just put Jadey's ashes in her urn about a week and a half ago. Took me a while to be able to do that.

Your Dolly was such a beautiful girl. You know she loves you very much.

Guest RICHandJUDE

Doll was such a beautiful baby. The urn is beautiful too.

Your Doll looks exactly like our 'Pie" who we lost last year.

We have most of her ashes in a urn. DW put some of her ashes

in little plastic bags and made caches to cover them out of material

with ribbon. We each have a cache of her ashes pinned to our

car sunvisors. That way, she is always with us. We are going to a wedding

this weekend, three states away, and guess what? Pie is going with us.

Guest vahoundlover
Doll was such a beautiful baby. The urn is beautiful too.

Your Doll looks exactly like our 'Pie" who we lost last year.

We have most of her ashes in a urn. DW put some of her ashes

in little plastic bags and made caches to cover them out of material

with ribbon. We each have a cache of her ashes pinned to our

car sunvisors. That way, she is always with us. We are going to a wedding

this weekend, three states away, and guess what? Pie is going with us.

What a neat idea...I wish I had thought of that.

Thank you all, for all your support....