Time To Race

Guest Heehoo

Guest Gogh4It

20_19.jpg With Snowy in 2002....

:( Three years ago today, about 3:15 on a sunny afternoon, you laid on the couch in my arms taking your last breath here on earth & making your way to the bridge where there would be no more troubles with your heart that just gave out.

You were such a funny man...the son of HB Commander...that reserved personality except when you were outside alone...then you would cut your figure 8's and then lay in the shade & cool off. Always trying to act like you were so tuff. You did not like for me to put my arm around you when we napped on the bed, but you loved to snuggle up close.

That greyhound in the mirror who kept trying to steal your dinner at night...who did he think he was! He's gone now, but not forgotten. We miss you my chubby little man...BuyCut reminds me so much of you except he's skinny & you were so stocky built.

I'm glad I was at the adoption kennel the day you were returned...I gave you the best 3 years of your life....and in return you gave me some laughs, some smiles & some tears.

I miss you Racer...mommy01_0.jpg

22_21.jpg1eacc6f4.jpg

Apr10_06.jpg This was his favorite thing to do, go lay in the backyard either alone or with my orange & white cat Jjakz...it was like they were discussing old man stuff.

Feb06_08.jpg

Edited by Gogh4It

:grouphug He looks so much like my Argus! (HB Commander is Argie's grand-sire).

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Guest Gogh4It

Funny, when I first got Gabby, she was skin & bones, I got her fattened up a little & her & Racer looked so much alike...Well then I got BuyCut & now those 2 look alike. Cynde has the worst time telling them apart when she pet sits.

That greyhound in the mirror who kept trying to steal your dinner at night...who did he think he was! He's gone now, but not forgotten.

What a precious image. And what a lovely, loving tribute to your boy. You've made him memorable to me, too.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Gogh4It

Racer was quite the character...I didn't know why he would growl & stomp his foot at night when I fed him. He & Brogan ate dinner in the den because of the kitchen having slick floors. He would take a bite, then growl & stomp...I finally sat down & watched him one night & he could see himself in this mirrored plant stand that I had. Once I moved his bowl away from it, he ate dinner peacefully.

He had this wisdom about him...very seriousness about him....but he would then twinkle at me like he was finished being serious & wanted to be loved on.

I've never met another one like him.

Guest Gogh4It

The eeriest thing happened Thursday night...I went to my church women's group that is held at the people's house where Racer is buried. At the time of his death, it happened so quickly I couldn't get in touch with my sister to take him out to her horse farm & bury him next to Bool in her pasture. So I called my friend's from church, they have 25 acres & a frontend loader...they came up & got Racer & I followed them. Cathy's husband buried him out in the woods for me...later when their 2 doxxies died, he buried them next to Racer. Anyway...it was about 9ish when I left there house Thursday night & I stopped in the area where Racer's grave is...their driveway goes thru the woods. I turned off the engine of the car to remember Racer for a moment & suddenly far away I could hear barking....it reminded me of how the greyhounds bark & howl while waiting on the lure to come around & it was so sweet sounding. It was like a sign letting me know he's okay & running around & playing like he's racing again.

Its a sweet moment to remember.