My Sweet Mattie Girl, Sunrise 3/95, Sunset 8/12/06

Burpdog

Guest how888

My heartfelt sympathy in your loss. Run free sweet Mattie and know how much you were and always will be loved.......... Until we meet again, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow,"

Oh, Donna....you wrote that lovely tribute because you needed to, you needed to bring your sweet girl to life for everyone to see. You let us share her beauty, her strength, devotion, and love for you, and I thank you for that. We do understand, you know. My tears came again because so much of what you wrote just resonated within me, brought back that pain and loss too deep for mere words. When you share a great love, and it's taken from you suddenly, it's an added layer of grief, that's peeled away slowly, as you deal with that loss on so many levels. Time, as you know, is the proverbial healer, and there's a reason why we're told this. Because it's true. Even when it seems impossible, one day we realize we haven't cried. And then we might smile when thinking of a special memory, instead of the tears. But does that sadness ever really disappear? I don't think so. I'm having a really hard time now too, and it's too soon to smile just because people say my Angel Nick would want me to be happy rather than sad. I wonder if that's true? Or is he feeling sad and cheated and selfishly angry, like I do, because we can't be together? So I need to feel this way for a while. You may need to as well. No time frame here. Our grief is unique and personal, and we just need to deal with it in the best way we know how. My heart aches for you. I'm so sorry you've lost your precious girl.

With sympathy,

Nancy

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest DoneRacin

Thank you so much Nancy, and everyone.

Yes, when I said "No one understands," it was not meant to imply that the bond Mattie and I had was any more special than anyone else's bond with their departed pets. Each of us has our own special bond with our fur babies and I know none of us would be here on this website if we didn't love them. I felt so alone when I wrote that message. I have since come back to this website almost everyday since then to read, and re-read, all of the kind messages you all have left and I know that I am not alone. Reading them lifts my spirits, even though many have made me tear up again, as yours did. And like I said before, they are good tears.

If anyone understands, it's the members of this website, who are here for one reason: The love for their pets.

You are all very kind and I am thankful I found this website, (only a month before Mattie passed....hmmmm)..... I'd say that was no accident. It was a blessing.

Now if I could just figure out how to get a picture onto my signature!! :blink:

Thanks again, everyone.

Thank you so much Nancy, and everyone.

Yes, when I said "No one understands," it was not meant to imply that the bond Mattie and I had was any more special than anyone else's bond with their departed pets. Each of us has our own special bond with our fur babies and I know none of us would be here on this website if we didn't love them. I felt so alone when I wrote that message. I have since come back to this website almost everyday since then to read, and re-read, all of the kind messages you all have left and I know that I am not alone. Reading them lifts my spirits, even though many have made me tear up again, as yours did. And like I said before, they are good tears.

If anyone understands, it's the members of this website, who are here for one reason: The love for their pets.

You are all very kind and I am thankful I found this website, (only a month before Mattie passed....hmmmm)..... I'd say that was no accident. It was a blessing.

Now if I could just figure out how to get a picture onto my signature!! :blink:

Thanks again, everyone.

My turn to thank YOU, Donna. I do know what you meant when you said that. In those first surreal hours, we just feel so incredibly alone. But I keep coming back here for the same reason. Good tears help the healing process, and you don't feel so isolated. The love that we all feel for our Greys is extended so generously to include anyone who is sad or angry or hurting. I've found this to be true many times---Greyhound people are the best in the world! I agree that it's no accident when someone finds Greytalk and feels at home. I'm glad you found it, and I'm glad I found it too.

Hey, I can't get a picture into my siggy either! See, we're not alone!

Nancy

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown