Losing My Beloved 14 Yr Old Boy

Guest socaldiver

Guest socaldiver

_wsb_304x201_Luke_beach_smaill.jpg

Lukas, the beloved companion, and older brother to my greyhound, Asher, has passed away. He went strong until the last day, when he collapsed. Not knowing what was wrong with him, we did emergency surgery, only to find a tumor in his spleen the size of a tangerine. The doctor was hopeful; however, further exploration found that his liver was completely riddled with cancer as well. He came out of surgery, at 9pm and I sat with him for several hours as he recovered. The doctor told me that he had 1-2 months - tops. I asked my little boy what he wanted, and told him that if it was his time to go, that was okay. With that, he looked at me, smiled, stretched out his neck and let out his last breath. 14 years, almost to the day after the first time I held him. My grey still lays with his head in his brothers little bed...

So sorry for your loss....

Very cute boy!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest rsqdogsmom

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Take comfort in the fact that you were with him and got to say goodbye.

I'm sure that was all he was waiting for. :brokenheart:f_white

Edited by rsqdogsmom

Aww... That's a sweet-sad story. How wonderful that you had all those years together, and that he was strong right up to his last day.

Wishing you peace and comfort, as you work through your grief...

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest meandmygreys

I am sorry for your loss...I have a 14+ greyhound and cherish everyday with her..

Godspeed Lucas...Till you meet again at the bridge. :grouphug:f_red:f_red:f_red:grouphug

I am so sorry for your loss...Run free and forever healthy sweet Angel Lukas...and watch over your family until you meet again...watch over your brother sweetheart...he is going to need some signs from you that you are ok and doing well...Godspeed... :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Its very hard to lose a special boy. They are a part of your life, heart and soul. I firmly believe that those we have loved and those who have loved us are waiting when our time comes to cross the bridge. Our heart cries with yours :brokenheart

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)