Good-bye Jerry Lee

Guest mantis

Guest mantis

I wrote this after we lost the dog before we got Suzie. Jerry was quite a dog.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good-Bye Jerry Lee

There once was a good dog, named Jerry Lee. He came into this world like any other dog. We got Jerry when he was just a little ball of fur, and he was very frightened when he first came to live with us, but he soon settled into our home, and made it his home too.

Jerry was a funny dog, he would play with an old shoe until he was bone tired, and then he would lay down, and sleep. While he was sleeping, I often wondered what he was dreaming about as his feet would jump, and he would bark, and sometimes wake himself up. Then look at us as if to say, what did you wake me up for?

Jerry was with us for 13 wonderful years, and then it was time for him to go to the bridge, and wait for us to come to meet him. I will never forget the morning that we found him. My dad came down stairs, and found him stretched out in his favorite place. He had left us sometime that morning. That was a hard time for my dad, and myself. I think that dad took it the hardest, but I took it hard too.

Jerry had been failing for quite a long time before he left us. I truly think that he had some kind of cancer, but I don't know that for sure. The final blow came when he got an infection, and the vets gave us some antibiotics for him, and he seemed to be getting better, but he had a relapse, and I think that is what took his life. The night before he passed he came to me, and licked my hand gently as if to say good-bye. I think that he knew what was coming, and was trying to tell us, I'm going to be leaving soon, but don't worry about me, I will be all right.

So, old friend, wait for us at the bridge, and sometime in the future we will all meet again.

Then we can all cross the bridge together.

Written in loving memory of our wonderful friend, Jerry. We love you, and miss you. You will never be forgotten.

Thank-you for all of the wonderful memories.

By Dennis © 2004

Such a beautiful tribute to Jerry Lee. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

what a beautiful tribute for a very special boy :sad1:f_pink

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway