It Has Only Been One Week

Guest Viva

Many of you wrote the kindest notes when I posted last Tuesday night that my angel sweet Corky had left us to go to the bridge that evening. I had just gotten home and he died in my arms. In my grief I posted to this site, knowing that many of you know the pain and sadness that goes along with losing a pet, especially these lovely creatures who are only the most thankful and appreciative that we can give them the most loving of retirements. Even though we "rescue" them, I think many of them rescue us right back.

It has only been one week, and it still hurts very much. Life goes on, of course, but it is definitely a tough thing to go through. I guess you never, ever forget it...and the pain will dull with time.

What do I miss? Corky's velvet ears, chattering teeth before he gets a biscuit or treat, his crazy overbite on his bottom teeth, his bowing and running when he wanted to get my attention, his Maybelline eyes pleading for something (usually a treat) or beckoning me to bring him out, his crazy "helicopter" tail when it wagged...and just him.

We love you and miss you Corkster! Be a good boy at the bridge and don't take everyone else's treats.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Always watching over us...

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest how888

My heart goes out to you because I know that feeling. Many of us have been there and feel your pain. From my experience I can tell you that this website really pulled me through. I was new to this site when my Howie passed over so quickly. I came on and read the notes and the support was overwhelming. Hopefully we can all be a support to you in the months to come. As I always say, Corky is just a rainbow away. Hopefully he will send you a sign. :grouphug

Corky will always be close to you in spirit through your wonderful memories. what a greyt friend he was.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge