August 14th Will Be A Year

DianeFG

I remember the stories you told, awhile after he left. I laughed and cried at the same time, all the way through. What a guy, your Fudgie. Hugs to you and Goods.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hugs going out to you Diane :bighug:bighug

it seems like no matter how much time has passed, our fur kids have a way of staying with us forever. And that's how it should be :wub:

you know you have friends here that care about you! :) :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I think of Fuge and you often. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

I'm so sorry, Diane. I know this isn't easy. I'm dreading the one-year anniversary of Gino's passing, so I can imagine how hard it must be for you missing Fudgie. Please know you have us all here for you though, should you need us.

:grouphug

Guest PhillyPups

Diane, just want you to know I woke up thinking of you today, and your greyt loss. It never gets easy, and not only do they leave their pawprint eternally embedded in our hearts when they leave, the steal a piece of our hearts to take with them.

:bighug to you and Goods

Thanks everyone for your nice words.

I woke up today and Fudgie was immediately on my mind.

This morning I looked at his Trellis and I went to his urn and told him I was thinking of him and I miss him.

Time just goes so quickly....

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

How are you today? I know its hard :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest KyGrey

I can't believe it's been a year. I remember when Fudgie passed. I'm so sorry you lost Fudgie. Please know that he is with a lot of the other pets who have moved on and he's whole again.

How are you today? I know its hard :grouphug

Very reflective. I've been that way since the first of August rolled around.

I have been thinking a lot about how his absence is still very palpable. Goods and I seem to feel it the most.... I think the rest of my house has moved on without him.

Taking Goods for a walk is still strange to me, and we've literally walked miles and miles since Fudgie went to the Bridge and it's still weird.

But some things have changed since that day last year... I don't cry when I look at his picture anymore, I can smile now. Goods doesn't need medication to sleep anymore. So I guess in our way we're moving on too. But I still miss him a lot.

Rory and the gang are going to do a show on Sept. 21st about helping the pets left behind when a pack member moves on to the Bridge. How to help them through their grief. I am anxiously awaiting that show. We still can't say Fudgie's name infront of Goods. His ears will perk up and he'll start looking all around and become anxious. So he obviously is still mourning.

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

Anniversaries are really tough. We still miss Cody too. We have a corner of our garden that I've made a wood plaque for, with "Cody's Corner" on it. I try to think of our good times together, instead of the end, and the feelings of loss, but it takes a long time to move through that grief. It helps to think of him at the bridge, chasing after small pupsicles and romping around like the big puppy he was.

Fudgie was dearly loved, and you and Goods will see him again one day.

:grouphug :grouphug

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest MySkye
Thanks everyone for your nice words.

I woke up today and Fudgie was immediately on my mind.

This morning I looked at his Trellis and I went to his urn and told him I was thinking of him and I miss him.

Time just goes so quickly....

Hi,

I have avoided this website not long after we both lost Fudgie and Skye. I thought of you when I turned the calendar page and saw my Skye's first Bridge anniversary on the page. I will never be able to go through an August and not think of both Fudgie and Skye. My heart aches for her everyday. It doesn't get easier, I just learned to adjust. My heart breaks to hold her silky fur against my cheek just one more time, just one more anything and I would trade everything I have just to see her darling face one more time. I have never loved or ever loved anything like I love her. She is my girl, my sweet, young girl taken far too early from me like your Fudgie was from you.

You are never far from my thoughts Diane. Be well. Hugs to Goods.

Warmly,

Lori