Day One

Opals_mom

I know how you are feeling right now. My precious Corky went to the bridge on Tuesday... and it was all I could do to get through the rest of this week. In a way, work was a salvation for me too--very busy and lots of things to do. Even all my colleagues stopping by to say hello and give their condolences didn't upset me as much as I thought it would (I wasn't a blubering mess but did shed a few tears at work.) However, it was the car rides home and walking into the house where it became so very difficult again. Even just BEING at my house is hard since there are so many reminders of him here, and right now, every time I walk past the spot where my sweet boy died in my arms in the hallway, it brings back the rawest of emotions. So, please know you're not alone in your grief and in your feelings--it's so hard for all of us. :(

I'm so sorry for you loss.

All I can tell you is that it eventually gets easier, but the pain never goes away. My dear Millie will be gone 4 years on the 19th, and I can tell you that everytime I think about her, it feels as though a knife's gone through my heart.

i'm so sorry. i know how you feel, and it is just awful :grouphug

that is a great picture...did opal and the cat get along well from the start?

Bailey, my cat, has ALWAYS been the Queen of the house (as most cat owners know) and wasn't excited to have competition for her throne :P They did's not get along... Opal was more afraid of the cat because if she looked at her or anything the cat didn't like - the cat would hit her :eek (she doesn't have front claws so it was just a little swat from a cotton puff). As time went on the cat got more and more used to Opie. That picture was actually becasue I had the idea to sprinkle cat-nip around Opal and see what they would both do. I took a little movie of it too! It's funny to watch because for like 4 minutes Opal didn't move a muscle :P She looks like a stuffed animal. After a bit I put some cat-nip ON Opal. Bailey just rubbed all over her :blush

Now that Opie is gone, Bailey sleeps where her bed used to be. I know she loved her sis and misses her (no matter what she tries to say)

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

I am so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Please don't beat yourself up. I'm sure you were a great Mom to Opie.

We never have enough time to spend with our sweet babies. Take care of yourself.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest ChrissyB

The moment always go by sooooo fast.

Hang in there.

PS----I found the shower to be the best place to cry. The warm water is soothing and the tears go right down the drain.

Guest 3greys

When Jules died I felt very guiltly. I felt like I failed him and that I should have loved him more when he was here. Now that we have bad boy Brodie I sometime feel like we didn't appreciate Jules enough for being so good.

I think those thoughts are natural. I'm sure Jules knew how much we loved him. I'm sure that Opal also knew how much you loved her. I know it hurts and I'm so sorry that you have to feel this pain. That is the cost of being a good Mom - we suffer the pain so they can be pain free.