My Sweet Opal

Opals_mom

Thank you ALL for your words and prayers on my post in Health and Medical (I am a blubbering mess) at three this morning.

At 11:10 this morning, Opal went to the bridge :( I have her collar with all her tags hanging from my rear-view mirror. She did more than she'll ever know for me - and I hope I was able to pay her back for that by getting rid of her pain. After she was gone I had the need to put her in a position that she would have layed in at home. I kissed her goofy ears a million more times and smelled her feet for the last time. The smell of her feet is THE GREATEST smell ever - grass and dirt. I wish I could have bottled that up :( Before we went to the doctor I made a print of her nose and one of her feet. I am going to get them tattooed on me somewhere. I have a bunch of flowers on my arm and I think I might put her nose amongst them.

I had a hard time back at home with pieces of her everywhere, but her not there. :( I am trying my best to remember her good times... like last night. After I cried - A LOT - I got back in bed and made her cuddle with me. I think her and the cat have been hanging out too much because after a bit she got up and turned around so I had to snug with her butt :blush then I told her if she farted I'd kick her butt... so what does she do - fart :blink: What a turd! Everytime we would have our talks (about anything) her nose would start to get runnier - I am going to miss her boogers - all over my arms and my legs - That is the reason I always called her Booger :unsure

Opal - when you left a piece of my heart left, too. I love you and your bratty sister has been sleeping where you bed was. She misses you too - no matter what she says :) I will see you again! I know you are chasing squirrels and snapping at flies where you are. Keep an eye on me because the rest of my life will never be the same. I love you!!

Love Mom

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

I am so sorry. :( I know how much you are hurting and I wish that there was something I could say or do to make you feel better. I really don't think that time heals all wounds but it does make it more tolerable. My sympathy and prayers. Another beautiful Angel graces the heavens tonight...Godspeed...Run free and swiftly sweet Opal and kiss Angel Sophia for me. :grouphug:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Carla

Oh my.

How sad. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Saying goodbye to our 4 footed friends is never easy. You gave Opal the gift of love when you send her to the Bridge. She is no longer in pain and she is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for her. Soon your tears will dry and you will have many greyt memories of your dear Opal. She will ALWAYS be with you in spirit.

Godspeed Opal.

:f_pink:f_pink:gh_runner:f_pink:f_pink

Hugs,

Carla

oh, I'm so very sorry for your loss of your dear Opal!!! :cry1:cry1

please know that you showed her the most dearest act of love ever, to help her to the bridge :wub:

:bighug:bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

From your post it is so obvious the love you both shared. What a beautiful thing. Hang on to the memories. Opal wants you to be happy. I know it is so hard to let your best friend go. May you find peace and comfort in the days ahead. Look to the skies tonight, it will be brighter!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Greymom
:weep I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Opal. May God help you through this very difficult time. You have beautiful memories, and you will see her again. :grouphug:f_white

Guest 3greys

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so very hard to come home and have them not there. The house just feels so empty. We feel your pain.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

I'm very sorry for the loss of your precious girlie. :grouphug Am asking my beloved Bridge angels to greet her and welcome her home. May she always live on in your heart space. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet Opal...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest argolola

I am crying with you as I read your post. I thought about you both all day.

May God bless you and heal your broken heart. You and Opal shared a love that will always remain.

When you are feeling up to it, will you post a picture of her? You will be in my prayers.