August Gift Exchange (event System)

Trudy

The Events System is now open.

Check out the menu bar at the top, there is now an 'Events' link up there. Use that to sign up.

We hope it is self explanatory, if not, ask away and somebody will be along to help you out.

We will leave it open until August 6. Closes at midnight (GMT).

Packages MUST BE IN THE MAIL by August 25 (a friday). We'd like for all pacakges to arrive to their destination by Sept 1.

Oh yeah...

$20 for your package limit PLUS shipping.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The system should be pretty self explanatory, but in case it is not.

Once we do the user to user matching, you will get an email, but in case your mail system is strict, check the events system once a day or so.

When we make the matches, the status of your packages will change. Click MY PACKAGES to view them. What you should notice is this image.

Acknowledge.gif

You need to click that image to acknowledge that you received your match info.

Once you click the above, the status image will change again, it will change to this:

Mailed.gif

Now start getting your package together, and obviously click that image when you have shipped the package.

At that point you are waiting for the other member to receive it, so the status changes to:

Waiting.gif

And once your match receives the package, and updates the system it will change to:

Complete.gif

--------

This also works in reverse. In the past those on the receiving end were waiting impatiently, and wondering if the other end knew they had a match or not. Not to worry, the status of incoming packages works very similar.

When the sender acknowledges the match, you will see this image:

SS_Acknowledged.gif

And when your package ships, you will see this:

Received.gif

And finally click that to get back to the all mighty:

Complete.gif

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest winli02

Is it just me or when I choose my preference as to where I want to ship (EG overseas...etc), it defaults back to "no preference" the next time I access my profile....??

Very pretty site BTW

Is it just me or when I choose my preference as to where I want to ship (EG overseas...etc), it defaults back to "no preference" the next time I access my profile....??

Yes it does, I will look at having that corrected. Your choice is saved into the database though, just not selected by default.

It does however carry over your selection when you create a package, so that is good.

Guest princessmommy

I signed up just fine but when I went back to edit my profile I got an error message and the changes did not take.

I signed up just fine but when I went back to edit my profile I got an error message and the changes did not take.

It might have been while I was doing a quick update. Try again, and if you get an error, copy and paste it here in this thread so I can see and fix it.

Guest Kipsmom

Great site!!!! I love it! :)

Question... is there an easy way that I missed to get back to the forums? I tried clicking on the main 'greytalk.com' title and it took me to the events main page.

I am in complete awe of what you can do with a computer!! :bow :bow

I'll pass that error along. If all else fails, I'll just delete your events profile and you can create a new one, but I'd like to see if we can find the actual problem first.

This has been corrected B)

Question... is there an easy way that I missed to get back to the forums? I tried clicking on the main 'greytalk.com' title and it took me to the events main page.

there is now ;)

I had that problem last night. I just went to update and didn't get the error message this time, but it did not update.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

What if you'd like to send a package but not receive one (I don't have a greyhound :sad1 )?

Maybe you can be an "extra"?? Meaning if someone for some reason doesn't mail to their person, you are notified and will send one in their place??

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest Machbragal
Maybe you can be an "extra"?? Meaning if someone for some reason doesn't mail to their person, you are notified and will send one in their place??

That would work for me!

What if you'd like to send a package but not receive one (I don't have a greyhound :sad1 )?

Click the SUPPORT link at the top of the events system, and let us know that. We can always use you as a backup.

We had 3 for the Xmas SS, so that really helps us out.

That was easy...I am in!

Does 130 and 131 mean that there are already 130 boxes to be exchanged???

No,… It does mean 130 packages in total, but not all for the same event. Some were testing and deleted.

Currently right now there are 77 packages for this event ;)

Guest 4isit1spicegirl

I take it $20.00 is the limit for one package but is this just a minimum guideline? Can you send more than one package to the same person? Can you spend more than $20.00? Is this why people sign up for multiple "tickets" and do they all go the same person or is each ticket for a separate person?

Sorry for all the questions but I have not been around for one of these before and I wouldn't want to mess it up. (Therefore, I have not signed up yet)