Sydney (aka Siddog)

Elvis

This is my first Christmas without Sydney. She was not a grey. Sydney

(aka Siddog) was part Britney Spanniel. I lost her this past Sept. 21th

to cancer. She would have been 16 in October. She is at the rainbow bridge, where she can jump back in my pool anytime she wants. :)

My life revolved around her.

I will back track about ten years. I was in Florida and someone I was

with, wanted to go to the greyhound races at the local track. I thought it might be fun, so I went. I saw the hounds run and wanted to take one home but I knew that wasn't possible. :( First, they were racing

dogs and not meant to be in a house. LOL Second there was Sydney

waiting on me to get home. Since the day I saw the greyhounds, I have loved them. I always wanted one.

After Sydney went to the bridge this past September, I swore I would never--never--never get attached to another dog since losing her was so painful. I would not even go visit the neighbors that had dogs.

One night, I was on the computer and one of the (pop ads we all hate)

came up about adopting a pet. I was tired and ready to go to bed but I clicked on it. I got to riding the internet wave, looking at the links and pictures. I saw a link about "Greyhounds" and my mind went into reverse, about ten years. I started clicking and clicking. Looking at the

greyhounds, where they were and any where close to Kentucky (US).

I found a link for Nashville, Tn. It was GPA/Nashville. I looked on their web site for a while and found a beautiful male Grey. I was tired and went to bed. I didn't sleep well, thinking about the beautiful grey I wanted. :( Could I get him? Was he still available? His name was Elvis.

I got a smile out of his name.

The next day (Wednesday, November 13th) I sent an e-mail to the president of GPA/Nashville. I got a phone call the same day, that they

would bring Elvis for a home visit and if all worked out, Elvis would be

living here. :) Elvis came for a visit and he is still here. He is so happy and I am too. Elvis is alive and living with me. B) There are a lot of greys in the area so he gets to visit often.

Today was mixed emotions. Missing Sydney for the first Christmas in 15 years, but again I have Elvis. He will never replace Sydney but now I again have someone that will lick my nose. :lol

Sorry to ramble on for a while, but I do feel better.. I guess tears and laughter does balance. ;)

Bless you for having the courage and kindness to share your home with a new friend! You never forget the sweet ones you've lost, but somehow, your heart stretches to make room for a new one .... Big hug to Elvis, and may you have many fine holidays together!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. :) sounds like Sydney knew you were ready for another pupper and fate sent Elvis your way. I'm happy for you that you opened up your heart to another pupper and that Elvis found you. Sounds like he's a lucky pup! :)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest prisonchef

your story is so much like mine. i wonder if spaniels just get us ready to adopt greyhounds.

i had to put blackbart2 down in september he was 14. and like you somehow greys came to mind

in october we got moose

and the day before thanksgiving we got corvette

and now the house is happy again

so for myself i say thanks spaniels for getting us to where we could own greys

we miss you and can't wait to see you again when we cross the bridge