Taboo - 3/18/98 - 7/16/06

lovemydogs

It is with the heaviest, and saddest of hearts that I post that Taboo (Iron Hills Bit O'Gold) has gone to the Rainbow Bridge around 8pm this evening.

Paul called me at work, asking what to do for her, as he felt she just had heat stroke. He said she was out for 10 - 20 minutes or so (it is 100 degrees here). When he called her to come in, she didn't come so he went to the barn. She was lying down panting wildly, and couldn't get up. He helped her up, and she went to the house. She lied down, and starting vomitting. So he called me. We hung up, and he called right back saying her tummy was big and it looked like she was bloating. I just screamed GET HER IN THE CAR!!!!! I called our vet (45 min away) to ask if we had time to get her there, and he said yes.

Paul got there with Taboo, and they got her on the operating table. There was no tech there yet, so as Paul was trying to keep the oxygen on her face, Dr. Burchill was trying to intubate her. She died in Paul's arms.

We don't know the official cause, and it doesn't matter. Our already broken hearts are now completely shattered. Taboo was always so happy...she was our "pick-me-up" girl. She was always so goofy. All she had to see was a person walk by for her tail to start going. She was such a love. She loved everybody (except kids), and everybody loved her back. My Mom loved Taboo more than any animal in the world.

What kills me is that I know it wasn't "her time". She was not ready to go, but due to some stupid frickin' freak thing, she is gone. She NEVER deserved to suffer, if even for one second.

I don't know how much more I can take of this. Rest well our precious angel. You always were, and always will be, the "cutest Mehling".

Michelle and Paul

Chaos 3/27/97-3/1/06, Taboo 3/18/98-7/16/06

Capone, Monnaie, Kiwi, Onyx, and pup.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so so very sorry for your untimely loss. :grouphugf_yellow Godspeed, Taboo.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry. :cry1:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest maryjo79

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. With all the pain you've already had to endure, I just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

OMG!!! :weep Michelle, I'm so so sorry! What a shock... I wish I had words to say. I'm just so sorry! :grouphug

Godspeed Taboo!

Play with the angels, Taboo. Play with the angels and find a way to let your momma and daddy know you're all right now.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Zophia

So sorry to hear this. :f_white When I saw your username in this forum, I said to myself, "Oh no... not again. It's just not fair." Then I read the post, and I realize just how much not fair it is. :grouphug

May the Spirit of Dog guide Taboo on the next phase of her Journey.

I'm really sorry :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!