I Had To Say Goodbye Friday Morning.......

Guest Thrashers

Guest Thrashers

to an old friend. His name was Max. He was our 14 yr old greyhound. The time had come to ease his pain. I remember when we got Max almost 9 years ago. It was New Years Eve day and we took our mutt Sadie to Companion Greyhounds in Marietta, Georgia to see if her and Max could get along. They brought Max out in the yard and he and Sadie started to chase each other and check each other out. After all was said and done they got along famously. We loaded up Max for the ride to his new forever home. Max had been returned previously because he was skittish. The truth was he was done right scared of just about everything. But we worked through it all and he got to be a rather confident dog. I remember the first time I heard him bark, it was this deep bellowing sound that caught me by surprise. He didn't do it much, but when he did it got your attention. Max was there to welcome our 2nd grey Vogue, our IG Higgins, and our 3rd Grey Egypt. He has always been a great ambassador for the greyhound breed. He was a sweet and gentle boy. When guest would be at the house he would come in and greet everyone then return to the bedroom and sleep. You only had to tell him "no" once and he would not what ever it was again. He was a great dog and will be missed by us all.

We love you, Max

post-12196-1153098266_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, what a beautiful sweet face! Warmest condolences on your loss.

Godspeed, handsome fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank you for sharing your lovely boy with us. What soulful eyes... and so very handsome and dignified. :heart May you feel Max's loving spirit with you always. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Tenderhearts

What a precious face! :wub: Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful memories with us during your grief. May God hold your aching hearts in his hands. Run free, sweet Max :gh_run

Ahhhh Max, I am so sorry you had to leave your family so soon. But there will be wonderful playmates for you waiting at the bridge. Run free!

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Its our old ones that leave the most paw prints on our hearts. He was an important part of your family and we know he will be greatly missed. Thank you for allowing us to know him. :brokenheart

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm sorry. :cry1:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I'm so sorry for your loss. f_yellow:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.