Goodnight Moonlight

Guest tricolorhounds

Guest tricolorhounds

Our little Moonlight went to the bridge tonight, she was 20 years old.

Moonlight came to us as a 12 week old kitten. For the first 10 years of her life she lived outside. She would disappear for months at a time and then just show up on the porch again out of the blue.. She'd hang around for a couple of weeks and then be gone again.

Ten years ago, we moved into this house. We kept her inside for a couple of days so she would get used to the smells and be able to find her way home. Well Moonlight was home.. she never left the house again.

One of the craziest memories I have of her is from one morning when my daughters were still in elementary school. We were just about to get into the car and head for school when we saw something running at us from the other side of the street. As it got closer, we realized that it was Moonlight and she was carrying something. She laid the biggest bunny at my feet ... I was shocked :eek the bunny was as big as she was! I'm pretty sure she is chasing bunnies right now :cry1

This is Moonlight just a couple of months ago.

AMoonlight.jpg

She never cared for any of the dogs but somehow, they knew she was the queen of the house and they respected her.

AMoonlight2.jpg

And silly Bonks, pleading with me to make Moonlight get off of his bed.

AMoonlight3.jpg

Happy Hunting Moonlight

Edited by tricolorhounds

Guest multiplicity

I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful, gorgeous eyes.

I recently lost my 15yr old kitty and it has been very difficult for me to accept that she is gone. :(

I hope you are able to find comfort and peace during this time of mourning. :grouphug

Edited by multiplicity

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for your loss. My Zombie was at the bridge to welcome Moonlight, I'm sure.

May God bless you and heal your broken heart.

Run free sweet Moonlight...Kiss my Fluffy and Sammy Jo.

My sympathy and prayers. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Im so sorry :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest Gogh4It

:beatheart:heart:f_pink:heart:beatheart

I am so sorry...bless your heart. Aren't they just the greatest little characters.

I have 4 kitties & my oldest is 8, my youngest is 12 weeks...they all have different personalities. I love watching the older kitties with the new baby...fussing at her & then loving on her.

My greys love them just as much as I do.

You showed Moonlight so much love & patience, I'm positive she's looking down on you now....she'll be there first in line when its your turn to cross the bridge.

I'm sorry your special girl had to leave.

Play in the sunshine over the bridge, little one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.