Received Gracie's Ashes Today...miss Her So Much

Guest gracesmom

Guest gracesmom

I haven't been able to post since we let our Gracie go. To be honest, I couldn't even come to Greytalk until tonight. We let Gracie go a week ago yesterday. Her pain from osteo seemed to escalate at an incredible pace. We knew on Saturday night that we would be letting her go on Monday morning if her pain increased at the rate it had that day. I spent all of Sunday laying with her, talking to her and telling her how much we loved her and would miss her. At 2:30 Monday am, she was awake and could clearly not get comfortable. I gave her more pain medicine and spent the rest of the night laying with her on her bed. Her passing was one of the most difficult things I have ever been through. I know it needed to be done, I believe that she is now pain free and running again. But our loss here is immense. My husband picked up her ashes this afternoon and for once, Gracie fits in my lap (where she spent much of her time trying to figure out how to fit). I know the pain of grief will get better, I just hope it will soon. To have loved a grey and to have received the love back in return is such an incredible gift. Thanks to everyone who offered support when we were trying to make a decision. Give all of your greys a big hug, time passes too quickly.

Guest ChrissyB

I picked up Benny's ashes this week too.....God, I miss my red fawn baby. He was more special than words can describe.

I truly know your sadness.......Osteo got Benny as well.

Sending you all the gentle hugs I have for you and your DH......

:grouphug:grouphug I know... :grouphug:grouphug I hope that you have found comfort and peace in the fact that part of Gracie is back home with you. I know it helped me when we brought Angel Sophia home. The other part of Gracie is running forever young and healthy with all of our Angels...she watches over you and loves you forever...until you meet again. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

It sounds like Gracie was a very well loved grey. I am sure that she knew the depth of your love for her, and reflected that love right back at you. She will always live in your heart. :f_pink

Cello

Edited by cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest Machbragal

I'm so so sorry. Just this morning, I held the box that has Jadey's ashes in it (my cat of 12 years). I still can't believe she is gone. My husband picked up her ashes for me, and I was grateful that I didn't go back to the clinic where we had to let her go. I agree with you -- that moment was so hard, even though I knew it was the best thing we could do for her. So many people this past month have had to say goodbye and are now faced with the stark reality of that emptiness. I know Gracie loved you very much.

:brokenheart:brokenheart:brokenheart

Guest trevdog

It has always helped me to have them returned. Kind of like they are home, just not the same....a bit of closure perhaps.

:grouphug:grouphug

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Gogh4It

:f_pink:gh_lay:f_pink

I am so sorry you are going through this.

I love what you said about spending Sunday with her, just laying on her bed & telling her how much you loved her. That is so special. It is something that some day you will be able to share with someone else & help them through the same day that you had. You're a very special person.

Guest BaileyMom
My husband picked up her ashes this afternoon and for once, Gracie fits in my lap (where she spent much of her time trying to figure out how to fit).

I know how you feel. :cry1:grouphug

:f_red I am so sorry for your loss.