Profit

win4profit

We helped Profit to the bridge tonight. She was in constant pain and didn't seem to ever be resting comfortably. Her breathing seemed to be raspy as well. I have been reading a lot of posts about knowing when the time was right. Someone said 'it's better to be a moment early than a moment too late'. I was watching her deteriorate so fast and didn't want to make her suffer. Someone else said to think of their three favorite things and when they could no longer do two of them it was time. The only thing that made Profit happy lately was food. She didn't have the energy to carry her stuffies and she even lost the desire to search for yard brownies. I know that she is pain free now and waiting for us at the bridge. She finally let me get a picture without giving me the raspberries earlier today.

100_0213E.jpg

Everyday-4.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tygar

:cry1

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You did the right thing, and Profit will be waiting for you at the bridge - giving you raspberries as you cross over to meet her... :)

Guest maryjo79

I know your heart is broken to lose such a beautiful girl. My heart hurts for you :grouphug :grouphug

Run free sweet Profit, you don't have to hurt anymore :grouphug

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest KennelMom

:cry1 I'm so sorry :cry1:grouphug Always an impossible decision and the greatest, most heartbreaking gift in the end. My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Godspeed, sweet Profit... You are in good company at the Bridge, sweets.

Guest Machbragal

Profit, God Bless you, sweetie. How we will miss you, sweetie! How you blessed us all.

THERE'S NO GOODBYE

Oh Mommy, Please don’t cry

You know of course this isn’t good bye.

This may be the last time you touch my fur,

But you’ll feel me close again for sure.

Mommy, I do not ach any more,

I run and jump and am not sore.

Close your eyes Mommy, and go to bed,

And to the rainbow bridge you’ll be led.

Mommy, oh Mommy, there I’ll be,

And for a bit you’ll be with me.

But by morning you have to wake,

Do not worry, it was not fake.

Oh Mommy just close your eyes,

You’ll see my face and hear my cries.

Mommy I will wait here for you,

You know of course I miss you too.

But Mommy Please don’t cry,

You know of course this isn’t good bye.

~Hannah Stephens

:brokenheart:brokenheart:f_red:f_red:brokenheart:brokenheart

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I'm so so sorry! What a beautiful picture you were able to capture today. :grouphug

Godspeed beautiful Profit!!

Guest K9_Lady
:( She will be in your heart forever for another left a paw print on the heart. :paw:heart Thanks for sharing that beautiful picture of Profit.

I am so sorry for your loss......It sounds like it was the right time for her. It is never the right time for us and being able to give that idea up and be completely for the dog is so difficult.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Oh Sue, my heart skipped a beat when I read your topic. I am so very, very sorry for your loss of your dear sweet Profit. Heaven has one more beautiful bright star tonight. May you and your family find comfort in knowing that you gave your beautiful baby the best home and all the love one greyhound could handle. Find peace in her memories and know she is waiting for you.

Godspeed sweet Profit. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. I am crying as I look at her picture and read your post. May God bless you and heal your broken heart. Please take comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful life.

I am so sorry for your loss. The house must seem empty, and your heart must be breaking. I hope that the wondeful memories that you made with Profit will bring you comfort in the days ahead. They are never with us long enough.

Cello

:f_pink

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh no, Sue...my heart hurts for you! It is the most difficult decision to make...to let them go... :cry1 sounds like she was ready...I remember when Miss Nellie told me she was ready :( Profit is running pain free now and I'm sure Miss Nellie will show her around the bridge! :wub:

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey