Twilite Gin

Guest falconschild

Guest falconschild

Twilite Gin 12-1-1992 - 7/5/1999

You weren't supposed to stay with us for more than a weekend...just a weekend to give Mama Gail an extra crate at the kennel. You came home with us and never looked back. When you arrived, we thought you were a dark fawn because you were so dirty. You didn't know what "good girl" meant, and just looked at me confused when I praised you. I still don't know your full story, my girl.

You'd been sent from the track straight to a home...a home that should have known better how to care for you. Instead, you were kept in the backyard "for the kids." Thunder frightened you, and you escaped the yard, living wild on your own for some time. You were found, taken to the kennel, and returned to your owner, who took his own sweet time reclaiming you. You escaped again, lived wild again...and landed back at the rescue kennel for a second time...on a hot June morning, completely unexpected. And that day, you came home with us, with me, with Allan, with Sly and Chewie.

You were a Dutch Bahama granddaughter...and oh, you had your Grandpa's eyes. Huge, very dark, and beautifully outlined, I will always remember your Dutch Bahama eyes, my Ginny-Gin. Wasn't until just recently that I saw a good photo of your grandsire, and knew where those eyes came from.

You lived with us, and learned what "good girl" meant...some of your favorite words, in point of fact. You'd fling up your head, tuck your tail, and run circles around the living room in delight when you heard them. And then you'd smile your movie-star grin to let us know how happy it made you to be a Good Girl.

You were a pale fawn beauty, Irish-marked, like Toby...and you made friends wherever you went. Even when you became ill, slowly but surely losing your coordination to an unknown disorder, you made friends.

On July 5, 1999, you began to bleed inside. You looked up at me with those Dutch Bahama eyes from your pallet and said you were tired and wanted to rest. You'd fought all you could and didn't want to go any further. I asked if you were sure...you were. So we let you go and released you from your pain.

We still love you, Miss Gin. We still miss you. And you're still our beautiful good girl.

Help me be the dog owner you and Sly taught me to be, to give Toby and Chewie the very best of myself and to not dwell too often in the past.

Atta girl, Gin. Good girl.

Love, Mommy

:cry1:bighug

I'm sure your good girl is keeping an eye out and smiling down on you. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

You are so loved sweetie...don't forget to send your family beautiful Rainbows. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest rsqdogsmom

What a beautiful tribute.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Your Ginny was a wonderful example of how love can change a life.

You were blessed to have found each other.

Could you share a photo of Ginny?

With deepest sympathy on your loss.

Guest falconschild

Sadly, we have exactly one photo of Gin...a very old Polaroid snapped in a off moment during a visit to the kennel. We always thought we'd have more time with her than a year and a half...so at first, we didn't take a lot of pictures. So the best pictures we have of her are saved on our hearts.

If I can figure out a way to scan in a Polaroid, I'll post it.

continued hugs. it is always hard no matter how long it has been.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

So the best pictures we have of her are saved on our hearts.

Not enough time, but enough to fall in love forever. Herself and you both. Sending warmest hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest how888

What beautiful words in honor of such a sweet angel. I am so very sorry. Seems like we never have them long enough but know they are only a rainbow away and watch for those signs. :f_pink

such a beautiful tribute :cry1

and thank you for showing her how great being part of a family can be :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway