Ernie

Guest deanna

Guest deanna

My friend's "permanent foster" who was eventually adopted (aka: he's not going anywhere :wub:) died today at age 13.

Ernie was 12 when he lost his home. A year and a half ago the poor old guy settled in well at my friend's house with his 9 other greys and up to 12 other fosters (at a time. including the Birmingham to CA Trio) and boarders, for a grand total of up to 40 greys at a time. It was a grand time for Ernie. He had 3 fully fenced acres to trot at his leisure, and lived in a home full of love (and greys!). One of his dads were home at all times, and he was so love and doted on.

DH and I seriously considered adopting Ernie, we went through the whole process, and he ended up not testing cat safe :( I dogsat and visited Ernie often since then. I'm totally crying here like a big sap :weep

He had the best last year and a half that any dog could wish for. I'm so glad he ended up with such amazing people.

And he went to the bridge today, truly loved :beatheart

Edited by deanna

Ernie, was so loved and that is what is important like you said. I am so glad there are people out here that take the Seniors in and are the ones blessed in return because of them. I love the Seniors. Run free Ernie, you had that forever home and will always be close in their hearts.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest eastcancoast

I am so sorry please be happy that he lived out his final days being loved on and cared for. Bless you and your friend.

Guest Gogh4It

:f_red:f_white:gh_lay:f_white:f_red

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Oh Deener...you're not a sap...so keep on crying...you just have a very tender heart & that's what we love about you.

I think its wonderful that he lived a year and a 1/2 in "pre-heaven"...he knows he was loved by so many people & he appreciated it very much.

The red ones are for Ernie, the white daisies are for his foster parents & the pink ones are for you for caring so much.

Edited by Gogh4It

Guest BradyzMommy

I'm so sorry. Your friend did a wonderful thing and I am sure that Ernie appreciates all of the love that he received.

Edited by BradyzMommy

Run free sweet Ernie...You are so loved and missed by many. Godspeed... :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. Please offer your friend our condolences and thank him for giving this sweet angel a wonderful life.

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. Ernie was lucky to have had your love, and you have the memories. May they bring you peace.

Run free, sweet Ernie.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Please let your friends know how many people cared about Ernie. He died knowing he was well loved.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Godspeed Ernie! :gh_run My sympathies to all who loved him.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest KennelMom

Run Free, sweet Ernie :cry1

I'm so glad you got to know love and comfort and a wonderful life. Hugs to your family, who I'm sure miss you so very much :grouphug

Edited by KennelMom