July 2nd Was Thunder's Official Gotcha Day.....

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Two years ago today, we signed papers to make Thunder a part of our family. We had brought him home a week earlier as a foster and I lost my heart. He fit in so well and seemed to love us all so much that he really picked us, not at all the other way around.

It seems so bizarre to me that he's been gone over 6 weeks now. How is it possible, that all this time has passed yet I still relive the drive to the vets, the holding him and talking to him as we let him escape his pain? It's true that some days are better than others but when I realized the date today, it hit me like a ton of bricks that 2 years was not nearly long enough. It's not fair, I planned so much for him and thought he'd be with us for such a long time. I miss him so much it is a like a hole in my heart.

Thunder, I know you are at the bridge, playing and tormenting the others as is your special game, but please know that down here on earth, we miss you every minute and we just don't feel the same without you. You were my rock, Thun, my best friend and my sweetest comfort. We honor you, dragon slayer every night by saying goodnight to you at Sarah's bedtime.

Goodnight, handsome, today I think I missed you most of all.....

roachking.jpg

I know your pain Trish. Yesterday was Katie Z's Gotcha Day. I still wish I could have her back. Sending a big hug to you! :bighug

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

My heart aches for you and along with yours. I too still miss my boy, Devotion, it is so hard. I am so glad he chose me I just wish I had longer. Thinking of you and your sweet Sarah. My son, too says a prayer at bedtime and never forgets about Devotion. It is overwhelming at times. May God give us peace.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

today I think I missed you most of all.....

:cry1

The small, quiet, rational voice in your head says, "They can't live forever, you know." And then the big angry voice answers, "WHY NOT?"

He always looks so handsome -- so peaceful and secure in himself -- in your pictures. Wishing you, and Sarah, and all his loved ones that same strong peace.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Trish, I'm crying with ya. I know how much it hurts and remember we are here for you.

hugs!

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

:grouphug to you. I also lost my heart dog, Piper, to cancer after having him for only 2 years. It's just not fair sometimes. And.......it sucks. But, it will get better. I can now think back about him and remember the good times we had and how special he was instead of remembering how much I hated having to deal with that cancer monster. Getting to that point took some time though. We'll all be thinking about you in the meantime............

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I think this is one of the things I love most about Greytalk - there are few places that people voluntarily come together and share their grief and support one another when they too are hurting.

I'm so sorry for everyone who is going through anniversaries without their loved ones with them :grouphug :grouphug

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

I feel your pain and shed tears for a dog I never knew. I know they can't live forever, but they have earned the right to leave without pain. They should leave when the time is right, not because they can no longer live a life of peace and joy.

I hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry...I know how much your heart aches. :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest vahoundlover
:grouphug :grouphug I know the pain can be over whelming at times and the memories are not enough. I want my baby girl back too.

Guest rsqdogsmom

Trish, I am so sorry about Thunder.

I feel your pain every day.

It has only been 6 months for me, also, since losing Murphy.

I ask myself all the time how can it be 6 months already when I know it was just

yesterday that she was sleeping in my bed?

I can still feel her fur in my sleep. :(

Maybe its my imagination, but it seems like there have been SO many losses this year.

Every day when I come to GT and read the Remembrance it brings everything back.

I spend the first few minutes of every day in tears reading about another beautiful furkid who is gone,

and another GTr whose heart is breaking.

Just as mine does, every day anew.

I pray for each of you every day.

I pray that the hurt will subside and that your memories will comfort you.

And most of all, I pray that we will all find strength in knowing that there are so many others

who loved and lost and hurt as we do.

Somehow, we will all go on to love again, making room in our hearts and our homes

for another needy dog to stay, if only for a short while, on our journey to the Bridge.

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry, two years is not enough time. I lost my Jam almost 2 years to his 2nd gotcha day too. I find myself thinking about him a lot lately and he's been gone almost 4 months. And reliving all the vet visits thinking I missed something.....I know it will get easier one day but it still hurts.

I'm sure Thunder is watching over his family and happy to see a new furry face in your life....

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug