Reko Batman

Batmom

Once upon a time there was a dog. He was tall and brindle and narrow as a piece of paper. He had a Roman nose. His adoption group said he was "the perfect greyhound." He was.

In late January we learned he had malignant histiocytosis. There was a mass inside his ribcage. It affected his heart and lung, and squeezed the end of his esophagus into a tiny narrow passage.

For a long time, he didn't know. Then one day he wasn't comfortable any more, nor happy.

When he came home with me, I promised I would give him a nice life. This year, I promised I wouldn't let him suffer.

He's gone now.

Fortune smiled on Zema and me, that we got to share these last 6 years with him. Because of him, we are both more than we could ever have become otherwise.

In my mind's eye, he is like this now -- head up, listening, scanning the distance for things a greyhound should know.

post-1781-1151596434_thumb.jpg

Reko Batman

November 15, 1995 - June 29, 2006

Always a gentleman,

Light of my life

Good-bye, old buddy. Rest well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. I'm so very sorryfor your loss. I adored Batman's roman nose. Godspeed Batman. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Oh Batman honey, my eyes have just open to flood gates upon reading this.

Run free sweetie, we love you and miss you and know that you are in wonderful place, chasing the chipmunks, watching the squirrles and having a grand ole time.

Lounge upon the fluffiest of clouds sweetie

{{{{{{{{{{{Jey}}}}}}}}}, huge amount of cyperhugs headed your way.

GOD SPEED BATMAN, we love you and miss you

:angelwings:gh_run:angelwings

Guest houndstooth4

I'm so sorry. I don't know of many greyhounds who have lived a better life than Batman did, and I'm sure that he was happy with you every day that he was with you.

:ohno OH NO!!! :cry1

I'm so sorry :grouphug Run Free sweet Batman :candle:sad1

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Oh Jey...I am so very, very sorry :cry1:grouphug:f_white Batman will truly be missed by all of us.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest hannahmom

I have no words to express my sorrow

May you and your family find peace

Goodbye sweet Batman

May you have a never ending supply of squirrels and cinnamon grahams

Edited by hannahmom

Guest guinness_the_greyt

OMG... I'm so sorry. I will miss the Batman pics. How lucky you were to have eachother for so long! :grouphug

Godspeed Batman!

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet boy. He was much loved by you and by many who never "met" him. :cry1

Godspeed sweet boy

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Oh, I am so sorry! Run free forevermore. f_yellowf_yellow

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest Machbragal

Oh, I am so very sorry to hear about this. Your baby will be in my prayers and I hope that you find comfort in knowing that you did all you could for him. He was blessed.

Guest KennelMom

:ohno:cry1 Oh my gosh :cry1 I am so so so sorry :grouphug Batman was so lucky to have shared 6 wonderful years of his life with you and Zema. He will be missed and remembered by all of us. :(

Godspeed, sweet Batman... :gh_run

:f_red

Edited by KennelMom

I am so very sorry.

Godspeed sweet boy.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image