Roxanne, Lucille, & Rollie

LisaB

Hi, everyone! This is the third time I've tried to do this today; lots of tears. But in the meantime, I've taught myself how to scan old photos, (finally!) and would like to share my Angels at the Bridge with you...

A year ago today, Roxanne went to the Bridge. She was my "First-Born;" I was teaching high school when she was a wee one, and she'd go to the football games with me in my parka pocket! I never would have had a small dog, but the apartments I lived in had size restrictions. Now I'm glad, because I'll never again dog-descriminate based on size! As much as I'm loving getting to know Sweetie and greyhounds, I also feel really blessed to have shared almost 14 years with cairn terriers! The fierce loyalty and kooky, stubborn, tenacity...I can't find the words, without dissolving into sobbing, to express how much I love & miss her.

This is :angelwingsRoxanne a couple of weeks before she passed, about a month shy of her 14th birthday (with post-drink dribbly-chin).

RoxanneReadyforaBiscuit.jpg

This is Lucille, when she was a puppy. She joined our family about 1 1/2 yrs after Rox. This pic really captured her personality, before her insane allergies kicked in. We spent years trying to pin them down and eventually, just to give her a quality of life, we resorted to daily steroids (with dosages minimized by healthy eating and antioxidants). But they took their toll, and she passed on in January 2002, three months after her 9th birthday. She was always the quiet observer and, as a little four-year-old friend noted, "The Lo-o-o-ove Dog"! She'd snuggle like it was her job!

:angelwingsLucille...

Lucillepuppy.jpg

The girls were always good (for about five minutes) about letting me take pictures...it was windy this day, and this result always makes me laugh (if not remain PC):

"Ah-so, Mama-san, how you like our Shar-pei impersonation?"

RLWeAreSharPeis.jpg

And this yellowed, treasured, pic is of my sister-dog, Rollie (GT'er RollieGirl and I have PM'd re: only other "Rollie" each other has known!). She, too, was around 9 when her kidneys failed. She was a Rottweiler-Collie mix that was the BEST dog to grow up with. She went on all our vacations with us, did her nightly rounds to tuck us in, barked at strange men, and just loved us all so much. I was a thousand miles away when my folks had her PTS (this was in 1980)...it hurts to this day that I couldn't tell her one more time how much she meant to me. But I sent that message along with Rox & Luc...I know they're all bein' silly ol' girls together at the Bridge.

:angelwingsRollie...

Rollie.jpg

If you've read to this point...thank you for letting me share! It's so nice to have people to "talk" to who really understand the depth of my emotions, especially today.

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Thank you for sharing your Sweet Angels with us. They are beautiful. I have always loved Cairns...my neighbor used to raise them and they made me laugh with all of their antics. Your Angels are with you always. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

thanks for sharing. they are precious. It hurts so much to lose a loyal friend. :(

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest how888

What precious beautiful angels. May your good memories give you comfort in knowing how much you gave of yourself and how much they gave back. What a beautiful tribute and pictures. God Bless and know they are just a rainbow away....... Linda :f_pink:f_white:f_pink:f_white

Guest rsqdogsmom

Thank you for sharing your photos and your memories of your Bridge-kids.

I hope your memories will continue to comfort you until you meet again at the Bridge.

God Bless you and your babies.