Cam's Brittni

Guest JMinAugustaGA

Guest JMinAugustaGA

She was my second greyhound, hand-picked from Camille Strelow's greyhound farm in Monticello, Florida, from about six greyhounds who came to Augusta to CSRA Greyhound Adoptions in 1994. She was my very first foster greyhound. I adopted her on 9/19/94. She was 14 1/2 years old. I went home for lunch on 6/7/06 and she had fallen over on the linoleum floor and could not get up. Her skin in some areas had been rubbed off from her futile attempts to get back up. She looked deep into my eyes and I knew it was time. She had been declining over the last several weeks and the time came today. It was a simply gorgeous day here in Augusta, Georgia, for Brittni to cross the Rainbow Bridge - June 7, 2006. The night of 6/7/06 was a heartwrenching night for me. Even with five greyhounds in the house, there was a deafening silence due to Brittni's absence. I cried off and on all night.

“Don't despair my passing for I won't be far away; forever here,

within your :heart, and memory I will stay. I'll be here watching over you,

your ever faithful friend, forever in your :heart. And when they see me

coming in and say to me, 'Where have you been?' I'll turn and say, 'In

heaven... It's true!!! And I remember you..........'

My beloved Brittni, my second one, my Brit Brit. The queen, my sweetheart, my beloved greyhound. :gh_run Run free Brit Brit.... Sending GreyKisses :kiss2 to you! I love you with all my :heart!

brittni%20may%201999.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. :f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

My heart is aching for you, with the loss of your precious Brit Brit. She was cherished and adored... and did find heaven on earth. May you always feel her spirit with you, loving you forever. :beatheart:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:( I am so sorry your baby girl had to leave. My deepest sympathy. Run free and fast to our Angels at the Bridge sweetie. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful angel. I'm crying like a baby as I look at her picture and read your loving tribute.

May God bless you and turn your tears to smiles.

Guest greytbookert

Oh Jeanne, I'm so very sorry! She crossed to the bridge knowing how much you loved her and what a wonderful life you gave her.

Run Free sweetie!

I am so sorry for your loss of Britt Britt. She was stunning. I could tell from your post how much you loved her. God speed sweet girl. You had a good life.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest Greymom

What a beauty she was. I am so very sorry. Heaven must have needed another Angel. :grouphug:f_pink Saying prayers to help you through this difficult time.

I am so sorry. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss. 14 1/2 years is a long time, but it doesn't stop the pain.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.