Herb

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

His name is Myokie Herb and Herb never had the pleasure of knowing what a real home was, what a couch was, what pet life was all about. Let me explain

Herb was a race dog in our kennel in Mobile, he started to run poorly so he was taken off and rested. During this time he started to limp and a bump/lump appeared on his hip area.

We thought maybe it's a pulled muscle or something. It was time for Herb to retire.

We took Herb over to GPA LA where he would get all his vetting work done and soon a forever home would come and snatch him up. He was a SUPER SWEET boy and HANDSOME, OH MY!!!!

While under for his neuter they took x-rays of his hip area and it looked suspicious :( They decided at that time to check it out. It was not his hip but actually his Pelvis that didn't look "right"

The vet took a biopsy but said it was one of 2 things, either an injury to the pelvis that was healing or Cancer :o

The test results came back yesterday and it is what I feared it was, CANCER :(:angryfire

These are the stories that break my heart, a wonderful boy that never got to enjoy the meaning of pet life, the ones that never learn about the couch about true retirement. I'm a strong believer of every hound deserves a home, and for some it's just not meant to be I guess :(

I must say that with these race hounds Cancer never enters your mind. They are always so healthy and fit that you just don't think cancer can effect them, but as I have learned it can :(

Run Free Herb, learn all about pet life from your friends up above, they will teach you well, they are the experts up there big guy.

GOD SPEED HERB :angelwings:gh_runner:angelwings

How very sad... :cry1:grouphug Godspeed Myokie Herb... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest PhillyPups

Herb, you were met at the bridge by The Divine Ms. SugarBear who took you under her paw and showed you your very own couch, and gave you marshmallows. She then told you that all the tears down on earth were to make you feel no pain and enjoy your retirement with the angels

RACE IN THE WIND HERB

Run free sweet Herb. How heart breaking. He was loved though by you guys who decided to retire him. I know there is a special place for these guys who give so much and asked for nothing. You were loved sweet thing.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest how888

What a sad story and God Bless you for doing what you did. I beleive Herb is now running with the rest of our beloved angels, free of pain, retirement, and that beautiful peaceful feeling he never had the chance to enjoy. You have touched our hearts and soul Herb, run free sweet one. :f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_lay No more pain ever!

Guest KennelMom

:cry1

Run free, sweet Herb

Heather - hugs to you :grouphug Thank you for sharing Herb's story with us. Now he will have a home in all of our hearts :grouphug

:f_white

Run free without pain, Herb!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Oh how very sad. :( Run to our Angels sweet Herb...you will be in loving company. Run with the wind honey. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Godspeed, Herb :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway