In Memory Of Marty (martok)

Guest OurGreytLife

Guest OurGreytLife

How do you begin to describe the canine love of your life? Marty's comical antics, passion for living and love of people was his trademark. He always made people laugh and smile. He didn't care about the dogs at the dog park, he wanted to see all the people instead. He was in his element at the Greyhound Christmas Parade. What a sight he was with his head held high, his tail waving like a flag, bouncing steps and huge smile at the crowd. Marty truely was the thief of mankind because he stole everyone's heart. He loved life to the fullest until cancer took it from him. He had just turned 5 years old. I still cannot believe he's gone. Marty only had one eye and where he lacked in vision he mde up for it with his heart and soul.

Marty,

My heart still aches in sadness,

And secret tears still flow,

What it meant to lose you,

Know one will ever know.

5/12/00 - 5/24/05

How heartbreaking to lose your baby boy at such a young age. :brokenheart I loved your description of him as "Marty truely was the thief of mankind because he stole everyone's heart." What a very special soul he was and is. May you feel his loving spirit with you always... reminding you of his goofy and passionate nature. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that Marty is one of the official greeters at the Bridge. :grouphug:grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Greymom

I am so very sorry. While his life was short, he touched so many people with his love. He will be greytly missed. Heaven must have needed another Angel. :grouphug:f_white Saying prayers to help you through this very difficult time.

what an absolutely beautiful tribute for obviously a wonderful friend. Marty sounded so special. May you have fun at the Bridge sweet boy. I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Marty will always live on in your heart and others. May you find peace and comfort.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest how888

May all those memories comfort you at this time. I could just picture him in that parade and the tears start coming. Know he is just a rainbow away, a new bright and shining star in our Heavens tonight. Godspeed Marty, he sounds like he's one very charasmatic angel up there greeting others as they come. :f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_lay

I'm so sorry! Marty sounds like a beautiful, happy loving pup. :grouphug

godspeed, Marty!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm sorry he couldn't stay longer. Sending hugs to you, and hoping -- knowing -- he is still up to his "thieving" over the bridge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. He was far too young. :cry1:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest OurGreytLife

Thank you all so much for the kind words and expressions of sympathy in the loss of our beloved Greyhound, Marty. He has been gone a year now and sometimes it seems like yesterday. He was so special and dear to us.

Sincerely,

Denise, Craig and "Walter" (Marty's Lab-mix "brother")

Guest GentleHugs

f_yellow

:bighug

So sorry for your loss....... may you find comfort in remembering the good times with Marty.